Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I wanted to conversate with like minded people. I cant say I'm a full time prepper but I have made steps to become more self reliant and I enjoy being outdoors and out of the city life. I like to bowhunt, fish, and spend time in the wilderness from time to time. I spent 12 yrs on active duty, and yes I have read the Ranger Rick books.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,724 Posts
Hidy, welcome to the boards from southern Oklahoma and thank you for your service. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome JAC40!
Be encouraged by the boards filled with like-minded folks. What I like is that you don't have to be a hard-core prepper to fit in here. You can find advice to reinforce your skills/knowledge and encouragement to branch out into new skill areas very easily here. Also just the way of thinking of assessing threats you might face - you probably already have training there - but many of us don't and wouldn't think of it without the warnings found on the boards here.

Thank you very much for your service!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from middle of no where AZ.

Where in the SW are you?

Former Marine here (17+years) what Branch were you?
Hey Steve!...I'm from Central NM.

I was a Navy Seabee.

Thank you for your service Marine.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Welcome from Southern Illinois. A place ruled by a NAZI dictator running the state from Chicagostan.

Reactions: n1d and SSGNasty

·
Semper Fi
8,658 Posts
Hey Steve!...I'm from Central NM.

I was a Navy Seabee.

Thank you for your service Marine.

I had a friend in the Marines that was assigned to the Seabees for Comm support.

I have an acquaintance on another forum that has a Spanish Land Grant ranch in NW NM. The Grant was made in the 1600s and the family has been living on the land since the mid-1700s.

While I understand the rural areas are quite red we crossed NM off our relocation list due to the blue state government.

Are you a NM native or just liked the area and moved there?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I grew up in East NM and Texas Pan Handle. Spent a couple years in Montana too.

My wife is part of a land grant out here. A lot of people still living old ways sometimes its nice to see.

I was in VMFAT 101 a Marine F18 Squadron my first duty station when I was Aviation. I transfered to the Seabees once I was done there. I wanted my time spent a little more involved on the ground side.

I was in NMCB 40, Naval Facilities, NMCB 4. I was a west coast Bee.

The military advisor we had in 40 was Gunnery Sargeant Allen. I dont remember who is predessor was. The Batallion was decommissioned in 2012 and I think he was the last advisor we had. I cant remember who our Gunnery Sargeant was in 4.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts