Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Thank you. I am new to the forum, but have been concerned about preparedness since y2k. My preps were not the best at that time so, fortunately, my efforts were not needed. Right ideas, wrong way I went about implementing them. :upsidedown:

With the global situation, I want to prepare correctly and look forward to learning. Reading about what others are doing does make me feel a bit behind on it all, but anything I do is better than nothing... I hope.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Spent two years in Israel, from Tel Aviv to Elat(to much time in the Negev desert). Bethlehem is beautiful especial if you can experience snow during the Christmas season there.

Reactions: SSGNasty

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the welcome, madcritter! It is great that you spent time here. I have seen the snow, though not in Bethlehem. It is beautiful, here in Jerusalem, when we get it.

Question: were you living the preparedness lifestyle while in Israel and, if so, how?! I have been searching for basic things, and find myself limited. Local vendors seem limited, while many U.S. based companies do not ship outside the U.S., and I am resorting to ordering Sterno at Amazon.com!

:space I feel there may be something I am overlooking. Or maybe this is normal, just to look around until we find what we need?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello from Memphis. One of the boys from my neighborhood moved to israel many years ago. He should be about 50-55 now. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

·
Wide awake
1,963 Posts
Thank you for the welcome, madcritter! It is great that you spent time here. I have seen the snow, though not in Bethlehem. It is beautiful, here in Jerusalem, when we get it.

Question: were you living the preparedness lifestyle while in Israel and, if so, how?! I have been searching for basic things, and find myself limited. Local vendors seem limited, while many U.S. based companies do not ship outside the U.S., and I am resorting to ordering Sterno at Amazon.com!

:space I feel there may be something I am overlooking. Or maybe this is normal, just to look around until we find what we need?
Chani, great to have you here! I'm a U.S. Marine, and huge fan of the way you guys do business. I recently did a bit of training/planning with some IDF Soldiers, and I learned that - like here in the U.S. - reality is nothing like what is reported in the media.

Anyway, you mentioned that you were having a hard time having survival goods shipped to Israel. I can't help you with that, but I have a comment. I am fairly new to this site as well, but I've been a survivalist for quite some time. I have found that you have to buy almost very little that is sold specifically as survival goods. I have a six-month food store that I will eventually get up to 1-2 years. But if you store dry goods in glass jars, jar your own foods, and learn to dehydrate; you will have to purchase very little of the expensive "survival foods". The same goes for gear and equipment. This is my opinion, but so far this has worked for me. Like me, you may benefit from learning shortcuts from the smart people on this forum, and other survival sites like Survival360.net and Survivalblog.com.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your perspective from where you sit on the other side of the world. Best of luck to you, welcome, and there's at least one American here pulling for you guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you wdcars, Wes, Sapper6, curdog, Creek Walker,

- wdcars, that is funny. The "boy" is now in his 50s. Time flies.

- Wes, happy holidays to you, as well. :)

- Sapper6, thank you, you are right. So far, creativity, shortcuts and just plain common sense have worked. As I try to improve, I am encouraged and have learned from others in the short time here.

Happy holidays to all!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts