Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the northern interior of B.C. Canada, on a lake that is 10 miles long by 3 miles wide. We sort of live in the bush, in that the wife and I can hunt for moose, black bear, grizz, mule deer, and white tails right out our back door. I guess we are survivalist as we do many of the things undertaken in this forum as a normal part of our lives. When you live in the north where temperatures can fall to -40F, and you get 2 to 3 foot of snow, you keep a jenny handy, along with 20 cord of wood put by for winter, and you keep a couple of hundred lbs of propane on hand at all times for cooking in case the power goes out. As we are hunters we keep our rifles close at hand with enough ammo to see us through the season. When we run low we reload. We have a 300 Weatherby, Remington 30/06, Weatherby 22/250 Super Varmint Master in heavy barrel, Marlin 39A 22LR, Browning 410BPS Hunter shotgun, 308 Norma Magnum, and a Browning 12ga BPS Hunter.
Our main form of transportation is a Ford F350 Diesel 4X4, in the winter we keep a chain saw on board along with towing cables, two sets of chains, and jumper cables, sand bags, and shovels.
We do not can yet but I want to add a canner to our equipment, you can't beat canned moose and rainbow trout put by for winter. We also have a smoker that we use in the fall. A lot of the ranchers out back are very well equipped for when TSHTF as a normal part of their daily lives. I guess the city folks have a bit of a problem trying to stay prepared as many of the advantages available to the country folks are not handy or non existent. For instance I have a 200 foot well on the place and I am on a septic system as long as I have fuel to run the Jenny I have fresh water and sewer. 5 Gal of gas can pump one heck of a lot of water. We try to keep a one month supply of groceries on hand at all times.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi from Vancouver.

There's a good book about wild food plants of the interior by Nancy Turner. It's a fun hobby and you see you environment in a new way.

·
Registered
688 Posts
We're commies but were decent ones. :)

·
Prepping = life insurance
1,458 Posts
I live in the northern interior of B.C. Canada, on a lake that is 10 miles long by 3 miles wide. We sort of live in the bush, in that the wife and I can hunt for moose, black bear, grizz, mule deer, and white tails right out our back door. I guess we are survivalist as we do many of the things undertaken in this forum as a normal part of our lives. When you live in the north where temperatures can fall to -40F, and you get 2 to 3 foot of snow, you keep a jenny handy, along with 20 cord of wood put by for winter, and you keep a couple of hundred lbs of propane on hand at all times for cooking in case the power goes out. As we are hunters we keep our rifles close at hand with enough ammo to see us through the season. When we run low we reload. We have a 300 Weatherby, Remington 30/06, Weatherby 22/250 Super Varmint Master in heavy barrel, Marlin 39A 22LR, Browning 410BPS Hunter shotgun, 308 Norma Magnum, and a Browning 12ga BPS Hunter.
Our main form of transportation is a Ford F350 Diesel 4X4, in the winter we keep a chain saw on board along with towing cables, two sets of chains, and jumper cables, sand bags, and shovels.
We do not can yet but I want to add a canner to our equipment, you can't beat canned moose and rainbow trout put by for winter. We also have a smoker that we use in the fall. A lot of the ranchers out back are very well equipped for when TSHTF as a normal part of their daily lives. I guess the city folks have a bit of a problem trying to stay prepared as many of the advantages available to the country folks are not handy or non existent. For instance I have a 200 foot well on the place and I am on a septic system as long as I have fuel to run the Jenny I have fresh water and sewer. 5 Gal of gas can pump one heck of a lot of water. We try to keep a one month supply of groceries on hand at all times.

When the SHTF, you guys won't be impacted much at all! Heck for the first few weeks unless you're reading this site or watching TV/listening to the radio you might not even know it happened!

It'd take some adjusting for us city-folk, but I suspect many of us envy you :)

·
Eyes Wide Open!
1,175 Posts

Welcome and hope you enjoy the site, my wife and I are Newbie's but big fans of everything Survival!

·
The Punisher
1,607 Posts
Welcome, from your frozen neighbor to the west.:D:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts