Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I live in Sacramento California with my wife and three children.

I have been interested in Urban survival techniques for some time and am looking at purchasing property in the next two years and wold like to build a home off the grid and completely self sustaining.

I was surfing the internet and found this sight. It seems like I can get a lot of useful information to assist me in my short term goal, surviving a flood/earthquake in Northern California. As well as my long term goal of building a ranch style home that is off the grid and learning how to raise animals and have a productive garden that would help make my family more self sufficient.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
I also reside in the Sacramento area and have been wanting to do the same thing however
the finances as of late (or lack there of) have really put a damper on pretty much everything. My wife's family has 10 acres in the Grass Valley and the want me to build something on it but I personally would like to get closer to the Sierra's if at all possible.
I'm a contractor and works really slow right now but if something pops up soon my intentions are to put that money on a piece of property somewhere.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Glad you found us. Welcome. This is a great sight with a lot of knowledgeable folks willing to share what they have learned. Don't be surprised if some of your neighbors are here also.

·
Registered
148 Posts
California

I used to live in Sacramento, well Elk Grove, from 1985-2004, I saw what was coming and when my house went from 119K to 305K in 5 years I saw it was time to get out. I moved 800 miles away, pulled all my equity out and bought a small house outright and did not even have a job where I moved to.
Best decision of my life.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts