Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been lurking this site for a few months now and thought it would be a good time to register. I'm a college student who's just getting by, but I'm trying to apply what I've learned here when I can.

See you guys on the forums :)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Now is the best time to start. Welcome to the forum. DOn't panic. Many people think they have to do everything right now. They try to spend their way home. Take small steps at first. Look at what you have already. Build a kit with things you have at school and at your home base. Example: Do you have sleeping bag(s)? Do you have candles, matches, lighters, old boy scout gear, etc? A poster earlier today talked about buying what he could each week in the way of food. Buy a can or two extra of things you eat. Rather than buy sodas or coffee at Starbucks, buy some extra food like dried rice or beans or canned meat. Take small steps and you will get there.

Use the forum to find info you can print. Print it since your computer may not work in a crisis. YOur computer may turn out to be a number 2 pencil and a Big Chief tablet.

Watch for garage sales for stuff you can use. Also watch when people move away from school. Students leave a ton of stuff because mom and dad will buy them a new one.

Good luck and let us hear from you as to how you are doing. Look forward to following your progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts