Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone, I have been lurking about here on the forum and I like what I see.
I have been thinking of preparedness for some years now and the last six months has really got me to thinking that I should do some research, make plans and execute them.

Some ten years ago, I got sick of the renting trap and decided to go fulltime living in an rv. I started out in a small older fifth wheel trailer to see if it is what myself and my family can tolerate. Well we like the lifestyle and it suits me fine.
I have a newer unit now, that is fully self contained and built a tow vehicle to haul it around. As well as to carry supplies, fuel, additonal water etc etc etc.

I was working at a truck shop up to 4 years ago when the shop closed and at that time I decided to open my own shop. I do all sorts of heavy equipment repairs incl welding of steel and aluminum, custom fab work, frame work as well as collision repairs and paint.

What is happening with the world events has affected my business, we are done about 25 % in sales, its a small shop with myself and two fulltime guys. I can weather this and my best scenario is for me to stay in my own shop as all the other shops are slow and laying off anyhow.

My focus now is to take it to the next step. Having my rig fully stocked, and maybe a parcel of land in Northern Ontario which I am looking for at present.

I appreciate all the members here that post so much good info and look forward to becoming a valued member.

·
CHEERS :p
1,946 Posts
welcome to the site big rig .....,

I lived in ontario from 85' to 97' and lived in bc for till 01' then back to ontario and now in nova scotia.....

land is going for some good prices just north of parry sound....

look up dignam.com ( ithink) they will send you catlogs of lots for sale......they consider southern ontario to be just north of parry sound...

·
just doin my job..
421 Posts
hello big rig! Im from Ontario too! Barrie area, I think I've driven through Milton before..
anyways nice having you here!

hope everything turns out OK for your businuess in the coming times..

·
Libertarian
397 Posts
welcome big rig.
you will enjoy it here, great people and sound advice.
I have a place near Matheson Ontario. Hoping to be out there next summer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome big rig from goderich ontario! Just north of sudbury is some beautiful land at reasonable prices in small towns like Skead, Ontario. Most property is lakefront with perfect fishing and hunting possibilities. Parcels of land without buildings on the lakefront have sold recently for as cheap as 50k

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome, Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL (bug out location), if needed?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts