Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I've started looking into preparedness after losing power for a short time after the remnants of hurricane Ike blew my way. I was lucky, only losing power for about 20 hours. Some of the folks I work with were without for 8 days. I quickly learned how unprepared I was for anything minor, let alone major, when I couldn't flush my toilets!

So, I'm going to start with a generator and go from there as I learn. I'm already working on the wife to convince her it's necessary and I think she understands.

Thanks in advance for all the info and help.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community from Texas. Good to have you here. Be sure and review info on generators here before you go out an buy one. You don't just plug it in an go. I have had 6 offered to me after IKE hit by people who burned them up running them non stop for hours. Be sure you get one with overhead valves and steel sleves in the cylinder. If you really want to do it right get an electrician to put in a Transfer Switch to power those circuits you have picked to keep power to. Good luck and hope to see you in the posts. Read as much as you can. Download all the material you can. In other words build up your library. Make a plan and stick with it.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Ding... Thanks for playin
4,922 Posts
Welcome to the boards
Lots of good info here.. You just have to sift through the crap on some post and some people like to stir it up...

Other than that, enjoy and learn and if you have any idea's don't be afraid to post or ask questions! :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts