Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found the site and it seems interesting. Interested mainly in what kinds of foods were the best candidates for stockpiling when I came across this site. Looking to get myself a legal firearm in the next year or so as well.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our world from Texas. there is a wealth of information here. Get to know the folks on the site. You will find them to be a very open community. There are lots of downloads dealing with food storage. Be sure and get in your 5 posts so you can move on to downloading. Keep posting so we can hear from you. When you get discouraged let us know since we all do at on time or another. You have great resources here in guys like Kev. He puts his heart and soul in this forum.

If you need help give any of us a note and we will get back to you. Larry

·
Banned
486 Posts
I would say a nice Mossberg 590 or Remington 870 Shotgun and a sidearm perhaps a Beretta, Glock, Sig, or 1911. Thats what I had when I was in the city The shotgun holds 8+1 so its legal and as long as your sidearm has no more then 10 rounds in its mag that your fine as well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
hello and welcome to the boards ... if you are interested there is a NY group in the groups section.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say a nice Mossberg 590 or Remington 870 Shotgun and a sidearm perhaps a Beretta, Glock, Sig, or 1911. Thats what I had when I was in the city The shotgun holds 8+1 so its legal and as long as your sidearm has no more then 10 rounds in its mag that your fine as well.
Was talking to my foreman today and he said a shotgun license is easier and much faster to get in the city.

The crime rate has dipped in this city the last decade or so and I think that has lulled too many people into a false sense of security.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey from upstate.
Good luck with the guns man. A buddy of mine in BK are going to check out "The Long Path" to see if that's a feasible bug out route to upstate. I'll post when I check it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey from upstate.
Good luck with the guns man. A buddy of mine in BK are going to check out "The Long Path" to see if that's a feasible bug out route to upstate. I'll post when I check it out.
I had never heard of this until you brought it up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had never heard of this until you brought it up.
I stumbled on it on Wikipedia. I'm a pretty avid hiker and I never heard of it either. Might be worth something to someone looking to get out of the city. You don't always have to have a physical item to barter with... at least that's what I was thinking... "I know how you might be able to get out of town, but I wish I had some (whatever)".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts