Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have experienced way too much in my lifetime so far and have been a long time Informed, Independent voter striving for self-reliance (with at least utilities) since the 70's; I have hiked all over North America, including ski back-packing, hunted, fished, milked cows and goats and even help build a straw bale house. I was tested in the past on just what I could and would do under a crisis. My ex was one of the hostages in Iran (from the first attack in Feb, not the 52 taken in the 2nd attack in Nov) and was there when the SHTF. I saw people get their heads blown off and guts spilled on the walkway while stuff was blowing up eight ways from Sunday and to this day don't know how I kept myself from puking or going insane. Then not long after returning to the states, I had my home broken into and the "thieves" came straight to my locked bedroom door and broke it down. I was armed and on the phone with 911 and shot. I am not proud to say I killed one of the intruders and crippled the other, but I am thankful I was "tested", passed and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can and WILL defend me and mine!

I am currently living in an urban environment but am in the process of putting my house on the market and looking at land in what I call "Big Snow" country. I want what I remember from youth living with my grandparents on their rural farm. I want to work for me and not some corporate entity. I want to be self-reliant. Thanks to support from my grown children I have stopped making excuses and am actively going after my dream ...

Anyway, over the last 30-40 years I have accumulated a ton of information on homesteading, preparedness, survival and just plain independent living. Most of the information I have, y'all probably either already know or have yourselves, but I do have some stuff that maybe you do not. They are kinda organized by subject type:

Animals - Pets - Livestock
Communication - Technology
Defense - Protection
Emergencies - Natural - Man Made
Energy - Electrical - Transportation - Heat - Cooling
First Aid - Medical
Food & Garden
General - Homesteading - Surviving
How To - Make What You Need - Hunt - Trap
Preparedness
Shelter Building
Tools - Equipment
Water & Sanitation

Although I do have a couple hundred documents posted on the web, I have much more that I will not and cannot put on the web. Please read the attached Excel Workbook and if you see something that you desire, let me know and I will send it to you.

Google Docs: http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7fDAC2AGpAFYzI3MjZiZDAtNTFlMi00NGY3LTljMzgtMjIxOTc5NDc2MjAz&hl=en

Scribd Docs: http://www.scribd.com/ look for TNTCrazyLady which will then list what I have uploaded or try: http://www.scribd.com/search?cat=google_ajax&q=TNTCrazyLady

Info Share Blog: http://nmurbanhomesteader.blogspot.com/

For all of Ragnar Benson's books check out: http://www.allbookstores.com/author/Ragnar_Benson.html

PS You can download quite a few of RB's books in PDF format from Scribd.com
Prep On ;-}

“I am prepared for the worst but hope for the best” Benjamin Disraeli (British Prime Minister & novelist 1804-1881)

·
Prepared in NH
12,880 Posts
I have experienced way too much in my lifetime so far and have been a long time Informed, Independent voter striving for self-reliance (with at least utilities) since the 70's; I have hiked all over North America, including ski back-packing, hunted, fished, milked cows and goats and even help build a straw bale house. I was tested in the past on just what I could and would do under a crisis. My ex was one of the hostages in Iran (from the first attack in Feb, not the 52 taken in the 2nd attack in Nov) and was there when the SHTF. I saw people get their heads blown off and guts spilled on the walkway while stuff was blowing up eight ways from Sunday and to this day don't know how I kept myself from puking or going insane. Then not long after returning to the states, I had my home broken into and the "thieves" came straight to my locked bedroom door and broke it down. I was armed and on the phone with 911 and shot. I am not proud to say I killed one of the intruders and crippled the other, but I am thankful I was "tested", passed and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can and WILL defend me and mine!

I am currently living in an urban environment but am in the process of putting my house on the market and looking at land in what I call "Big Snow" country. I want what I remember from youth living with my grandparents on their rural farm. I want to work for me and not some corporate entity. I want to be self-reliant. Thanks to support from my grown children I have stopped making excuses and am actively going after my dream ...

Anyway, over the last 30-40 years I have accumulated a ton of information on homesteading, preparedness, survival and just plain independent living. Most of the information I have, y'all probably either already know or have yourselves, but I do have some stuff that maybe you do not. They are kinda organized by subject type:
Holy Crap = Now thats a serious Survival Story!

Good to have you on board = Welcome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.