Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from sunny North Dakota..... LOL! Well, its sunny 2 or 3 days a year atleast. Getting myself together here for the "Just incase" factor. After living 30 years in florida and going thru so many hurricanes i have seen forst hand what people can turn into and what mother nature can do the unprepared. Since i have lived in ND i have been thru some NASTY blizzards, one of which left me stranded on the highway for 10 hours. Glad i have a diesel truck, she will run for days on 1 tank of fuel at idle and keep me warm.

So here i am, gettign back into hunting and fishing to relearn those skills. Also got my first small garden going. 3 tomatoe plants, all doing nicely, 2 cucumber, 1 green pepper and an onion in the ground. Very small garden, but it is for learning more than anything.

I won a few guns, just the basics. Remington 710 ( i know...not the best remington, but she shoots fine for me) in 30.06, Benelli nova 12g ( why a benelli? cuz she fits me like a glove. its an amazing weapon for taking skeet and pheasant for now) and lastly my fiancees ruger 10-22 ( love that thing, i am getting my own soon i think!).

Working on other stuff. we camp some, so we got some camping gear and can make it with what we have in house for a couple weeks. We just discussed getting a generator soon. We will do it i am sure before the blizzards start.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Hello and welcome from Louisiana.

Al

Reactions: SSGNasty
1 - 13 of 13 Posts