Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I'm Suzanne from NC. I'm new to the "survivalist" world but have quickly fallen down the rabbit hole. I'm in a "prepper" frame of mind when it comes to food, etc but also know it's going to take protection to keep my hard work safe. Just went to the gun range for the first time last week and loved it. Planning on going back again soon but think I have my ideal gun picked out. I'm also focusing on learning back to basics skills-know how to make butter, cheese, bread, soap, etc and am always looking out for new classes! Happy to have found y'all and hope to learn a lot! Any tips or advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm near Asheville :) know of any good NC prepping/homesteading/survivalist groups or classes? Just found out AB tech in Asheville has homesteading classes but need to get more info on it all.

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
I'm near Asheville :) know of any good NC prepping/homesteading/survivalist groups or classes? Just found out AB tech in Asheville has homesteading classes but need to get more info on it all.
There is a NC group here...we all need to get together but its slow on the go lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep! Have that one in my collection. I'm quite the bookie and have gotten most of my knowledge from my shtf collection! The encyc of country living is a good one too but I sort of picked a skill and then purchased more in-depth books for some of them. (cheese making is covered but not as detailed as I'd like, et) some sections of those two books answered my questions just fine :)

Rncmomx2- I haven't managed to sort through most of the forum yet but I'm assuming a thread/room on here? I'll keep an eye out! Thanks!

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Victory Loves Preparation
576 Posts
Welcome to a very active site fellow NC'er!! Read, reply and post questions, be sure to check out the email from Kev, very good links in there!

·
F.O.S. like everyone else
634 Posts
I've been laying low with school and all. I'm still here. I was in the woods 2 weekends ago in the Uwharrie. Got a baby coming in 2 weeks, and might get to go camping with the boys a few weeks after.

·
Victory Loves Preparation
576 Posts
I've been laying low with school and all. I'm still here. I was in the woods 2 weekends ago in the Uwharrie. Got a baby coming in 2 weeks, and might get to go camping with the boys a few weeks after.
Good to see your post and know that you are still around! I will have a good thought for the baby!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts