Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was referred to this site from a friend at thepeoplesrevolution.net. Specifically I'm wanting to get information on converting an electric well pump to a manual one. I'm about as mechanically inclined as a field mouse, but surely there's a simple way to do it ???

I'm a single mom with 2 kids, a vegetable garden, a stockpile of food, and a desire to get us through the coming economic depression. Reading some of your posts I see you are all much better armed than I am - can't afford firearms on what I make right now. My best hope to protect myself is to get to know the people who live around me, many of which are avid gardeners themselves, and band together for survival.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and maybe getting some of my questions answered as I prepare for the worst case scenario.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'm going to research it and see what I can do. It seems like the most simple solution to the water problem since I already live on a well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The small, tender leaves at the top of the plant are edible, and quite tasty.
The rest of the plant greenery can be poisonous, but only in the sense that it will give you indigestion.
The berries are pretty poisonous, but make good ink or clothing dye.

Of course, all the dandelion is edible.

As are:
Roses
Pansies
Nasturtiums

Well, flowers in general are basically edible.
And of course, kudzu.

The ornamental cabbages they sell for winter gardens are edible as well.
And, here in the Southeast, you can grow cabbage and potatoes in the winter for spring harvest. I have a small garden going right now. Cabbages doing well, potatoes still hiding, but the season is young.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts