Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Angels on the sidelines..
205 Posts
You can add another one from NC. I'm from Raleigh and stumbled upon this site by chance. Good thing, though...the amount of information I've already found in one day is amazing. Thanks in advance to all the future help and advice I will most likely receive from everyone's knowledge. Hopefully, I can contribute myself. Take care.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome ! mrmagooo13 I work in Raleigh heh :) I am lucky I can work from home its a pretty long drive for me. If there is any way I can help anyone, please let me know. I am putting a lot of information together and sharing it on my website. I am here to learn as much as possible and hopefully share with others.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
I am also from NC. I grew up in Henderson, and Now I live in Warrenton. I do quite a bit of buisness in Raleigh. Welcome to the survivalist website! So tell us about yourself? What got you into the survivalist movement? (if its a movement, lol)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am also from NC. I grew up in Henderson, and Now I live in Warrenton. I do quite a bit of buisness in Raleigh. Welcome to the survivalist website! So tell us about yourself? What got you into the survivalist movement? (if its a movement, lol)
I started survival sometime in the 90s. I was lucky enough that my martial arts instructor felt that part of my training should include knowledge in areas such as shelter building etc. He started me down this path and my love for the outdoors took over. I spend most weekends backpacking, camping and fishing. After a while I figured I could learn faster by listening to what others have to say and sharing what I know.

I guess living in NC we are lucky. We are surrounded by areas to go from the mountains to the coast. I have family in Michigan so I get to play around there too.

Thanks everyone !

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard from Winston-Salem.

·
Angels on the sidelines..
205 Posts
Well, I didn't really know much about the "movement" at first. Last fall I had a...social gathering of sorts at my apartment and some friends out of town had stopped in. Later that weekend I found an olive colored pack in my closet that was not mine. After inspecting it's contents, I was intrigued seeing as how it would be perfect in a survival type of situation. Later...I was introduced to the term "Alice Pack" and since then have been consulting with some survivalist type friends and doing my own research online. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to interacting with you all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts