Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always been interested in camping, canoeing, living more simply. Came across some videos on YouTube (by kev?) that I liked. With the economy at the edge and other unusual things going on, I'd like to trade stories/knowledge.

I studied a number of things in college, and have an interest in pre-modern cultures. Pretty much every human group prior to when it was first conquered was a "survivalist" group. That unit wasn't the individual, but the extended family or small tribal group. So one of my interests is how to re-think survivalism not as "Ok, the airplane crashed and you're alone in the wilderness." over to "SHTF. You've got people you know in the city, country, suburbs, friends, family and some trusted neighbors. How do you make the best of it as a small group?"

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Prepared
15,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm about halfway between the MN urban core and Isanti myself, and consider it to be not a bad spot. Not far from the city, but a short jaunt into the country also. Nice to live on the outer edge of the city.

·
531 Posts
I'm about halfway between the MN urban core and Isanti myself, and consider it to be not a bad spot. Not far from the city, but a short jaunt into the country also. Nice to live on the outer edge of the city.
Cheers to that. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts