Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I've joined this site since I'm realizing that things are potentially more serious than they seem and I've been turning a blind eye to the events going on around me.

La tee da, I get up go to work, go to college/do homework, see my friends and family - I usually avoid most news coverage and such, it seems to me as a very skewed and biased system. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be at least paying attention to the factual events occurring.

I'm beginning to wake up and realize how unprepared I am. I have always been a survivor and I will continue to be so; it is much better to be ready for the worst that never comes to pass - than to not be ready when it does.

I want to inform my loved one's of things I learn and see if I can't get them to prepare also. It is incredibly naive of me to not have been studying this before but hey, here I am now.

Thank you all in advance for the things I've already been reading and for the valuable information I will continue to receive!

Blessings,
Aimee

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Twin Cities!

You're not the only one who has turned a blind eye to things until recently. It's slow going, but been prepping little by little with each regular run to the store.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Hello and welcome to our world. DOn't feel too bad. A lot of people out there are coming around right now to seeing that people in survivalism are not all nut cases. You will find a lot of young people here. Make friends here and stay with us. A lot of our folks get in and just as quickly get out. When making your plans do it in steps. 3 days, 2 weeks worth, 3 months worth, 6 months worth of preparations. if you have places you can get too withoust having to jump all the way in up to your neck in deep water you will feel like it is doable. Make your plans and get started right now.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
HI, welcome from Hastings. There sure has been a surge in people preparing in this area. A few years ago, It was extremely rare to find people posting from Minnesota.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was going to e-mail you or PM you but you need to activate those options on your profile
Still working my way around here:) I'm not certain how to activate those options or if it's only available after I post 5 times? I haven't been able to figure out how to thank someone for a post too. Any ideas?

Thank you to all that replied, you've made me feel very welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still working my way around here:) I'm not certain how to activate those options or if it's only available after I post 5 times? I haven't been able to figure out how to thank someone for a post too. Any ideas?

Thank you to all that replied, you've made me feel very welcome.
The Thanks button showed up...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts