Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newby to the whole survival thing here - but started to realize that the time might be coming when we'd need it. Of course my husband is off the map with joy that I am finally on board with this. So we are starting very from scratch except for water which he has been saving for a few weeks.

My father is "all things hunting" but I'm "just a girl" so was not included in the learning process. That said, I've learned how to defend myself, and am a fair shot and have my carry permit.

We have 2 cats and a double yellow head amazon in our household, and they are a big consideration in our preparation and planning too.

I hope to learn a lot and contribute when I can. I'm useful in that I can knit socks at least....... I suppose that's a skill that might be needed again someday.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our community from Dallas. It sounds like you have a lot of the battle won if both you and your husband are on board with getting ready. It is certainly the time to do so. You will find a lot of very good people here on this forum. Find the group that meets your needs. Most people getting started come to a point they get very frustrated because they keep thinking that it is too much to do and to little in way of resources.

Step back right now and start by making your plans. Use these forums to get a sense of what you need and what you have already. get as much reading material as you can. USe the documents stored on this site and on others. Download Cresson Kearney's book called Nuclear War Survival. Excellent book for all people in the lifestyle. I will try to find the download site and send it to you.

Get started by putting together 72 hours worth of food and water. Store food you eat and eat what you store. Store water as well. In your plans figure the power has gone out and then think what does not work in my home anymore. In other words do you have a manual can opener? Do you have manual tools? Most of all meet people here that will help you. Kev is a great resource. Let us hear from you in the posts. God Bless.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey there Medievil from St. Louis by way of Illinois by way of Memphis.

Welcome to the board hope you learn a lot

·
Super Moderator
Psalm 34:4
23,739 Posts
Hello from Memphis!

·
Banned
27,825 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts