Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started prepping a year or so ago. I have been reading this board for quite a while, and it seems a lot of you are from remote areas. I am in the biggest Suburb in the country (3 million people) and have to approach emergencies very different from most. LI is surrounded by water EVERYWHERE. The only way out is through a tunnel or over a bridge, or by boat, which I don't have. Therefore, if the SHTF, I am stuck here. I mostly have Mountain House and Saratoga Farms #10 cans...3 months worth, 100 gallons of water, plus the usual lanterns, first aid kit, 5 rifles, more ammo than I could shoot if I continuously shot for 20 years, radios, hunting knives..(you get the picture).

It is nice to be here, and I thank you all for the interesting posts!

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome, Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL (bug out location), if needed?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Mets... I'll be bugging out from queens, technically part of L.I. so I'm in the same boat. I figure we gotta move quick when shtf happens. My cache will be north of the city on the way to my BOL. Be creative it think you have alot of options.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
You need to have an some idea or event/circumstance that you will use as a sign to get the he%% out of LI.

My son lives in CA, and as chosen the fall of the Euro as his indication to high tail it up to Oregon and home.

But he will head out if another calamity hits.

Welcome aboard from Oregon.

You have a better start on prepping then 1% of the other people in LI. Are there any others in your area that are prepping? You might be able to form a group.

God bless and keep on prepping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts