Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently live in the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia with high hopes of moving back to Oklahoma within 5 years.

I worked for an urban FD as a Paramedic for 25 years. I had always been interested in military and outdoors subjects, especially historical topics. After I was part of "the system" for a few years, I became a convert to the belief that I had to take care of myself as "the system" could not/would not.

I consider myself moderately prepared considering where I live. It is a small unincorporated community in the high desert north of Los Angeles. Water is our main concern here.

I am 62 years old and not in the best of physical condition. CAD and overweight are not a good combination!

Eyes and ears are not so good these days but I think I can "get along".

·
Earthwalker
6 Posts
Welcome!

I think you'll find yourself quite at home here. Do you have any idea why so many people from California are becoming survivalists? I've seen quite the influx of CA survivalists around these forums.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some answers

Moomooplatter,

I suspect that those of us in PDRK that are 'stuck' here are doing our best to prepare because most have realized that 'the system' won't 'take care of them'.

Lots of people in our small community keep extra supplies on hand and some are adding to that. Reality has a way of hitting home eventually.

Home in OZ,

I have been reloading since I was 16. Yes to most of your questions to one degree or another. I don't give a lot of details because I don't know who reads these posts. One aspect of "sustained living" is keeping your cards close to your chest. In the past, I have experienced 'friends' saying: "if anything happens, I'll just go to your place".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts