Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Last of the First Line
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.

I'm from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Found this place while checking out videos on Youtube - and I'm glad I did.

I've recently become a "survivalist", but only after finding out about peak oil. I'm not a stupid guy, and even though I know it's not a renewable resource - I'd never actually thought about oil running out. I decided then, that I'd prepare myself against future disaster.

When I was 18 I joined the Canadian Army Reserves, but only for a year because an injury forced me to drop out. I'd have to say that I'd be a lot worse off right now if I didn't have my basic training. Learned basic first aid, navigation, winter survival, and how to shoot and maintain a weapon.

I have a basic bug out bag right now - equipped with the best gear I could afford. Plan on adding other things over time, as I research and find out what's best for me.

If I had any advice to give to other newbies out there (but remember that it's free, so it's worth what you paid for it!) it'd be something I live my life by - Don't panic, because panicking leads to dying. Don't worry, cause worrying doesn't get you anything.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NC

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Amen to not panicking. Too many newbies feel the weight of the world on them. Also don't follow Rumors and look for truth and the good people and you will find both. Have a great time here. HOpe it is a good place for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts