Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site last night and signed up 5 min after finding it. Long time outdoors man but not so much now as I would like.
Since my first pocket knife at 5yrs old my father taught me the trill of surviving in nature with the bare min. tools. Many of my childhood friends to this day laugh because of the so called "Useless knowledge" but primitive survival is something that is becoming a lost art and I do not intend to be like my friends who think the can never be lost in the woods with nothing but what's in their pockets (which they all laugh because I always have my Rucksack, Recon 1 and flint&steel) and none of them have a clue what a bugout bag is.
Sorry I get side tracked easy :) looking forward to reading and learning from all the wonderful posts here. Nice to know I am not the only one out there who like being prepared

·
Cover your Six!!
450 Posts
Just found this site last night and signed up 5 min after finding it. Long time outdoors man but not so much now as I would like.
Since my first pocket knife at 5yrs old my father taught me the trill of surviving in nature with the bare min. tools. Many of my childhood friends to this day laugh because of the so called "Useless knowledge" but primitive survival is something that is becoming a lost art and I do not intend to be like my friends who think the can never be lost in the woods with nothing but what's in their pockets (which they all laugh because I always have my Rucksack, Recon 1 and flint&steel) and none of them have a clue what a bugout bag is.
Sorry I get side tracked easy :) looking forward to reading and learning from all the wonderful posts here. Nice to know I am not the only one out there who like being prepared
NEOMAZ,

I have been trying to preach to my friends and family about "Being Prepared" earlier this year. When the economy started to tank w/ bail-outs and such in September, they would call me up and say, ...."there is some truth in what your are saying", or "okay,.. I believe what you were talking about...What do I do?"..... but to this day they have not done any preppin'. Some of my friends are upset with me because, they have said, "I am coming over to your house if the SHTF!!" My response is always the same, "If you come to my house un-invited, unprepared.....I will run you off!.... and If you do not leave, I will use force!" That's when they get pissed!

Oh.... Merry Christmas from Orlando!:thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts