Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everybody. I'm not much of a survivalist but think I should start working on it. I've been a typical baby boomer and haven't planned on getting older. So now I'm 61 and will have to depend on meager retirement pensions. The only solution I can see is live cheaper and simpler. That's survival for me. Besides, I can't depend on either social security or teacher pension. The goverment is cavalier with its promises. My wife and I did live simpler and cheaper about 25 years ago but the birth of our daughter meant we needed to be closer to schools, not having to drive 8 miles of dirt roads and cross sometimes a flooded creek nine times to reach a paved road. Looks like a good forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hiya Zephyr!

I think you've discovered an added side benefit to preparedness - not only do you protect yourself from future disaster, but you also have the chance to reap the reward of living better and saving right now.

Nice to meet you, fellow Texan :)

Paladin

Hi to everybody. I'm not much of a survivalist but think I should start working on it. I've been a typical baby boomer and haven't planned on getting older. So now I'm 61 and will have to depend on meager retirement pensions. The only solution I can see is live cheaper and simpler. That's survival for me. Besides, I can't depend on either social security or teacher pension. The goverment is cavalier with its promises. My wife and I did live simpler and cheaper about 25 years ago but the birth of our daughter meant we needed to be closer to schools, not having to drive 8 miles of dirt roads and cross sometimes a flooded creek nine times to reach a paved road. Looks like a good forum.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to the community from a fellow boomer and Dallas area resident. You will be okay. use the resources here on the forums and meet people who can help you through. there are a lot of good people here. let us hear from you in the posts.

·
Rifleman
1,600 Posts
Hi Zephyr welcome to the forum. There are some really good people here. Grinnan above is one of those people. Good luck and start slow with your preps no need to break the bank. A couple cases of bottled water and a few days of food are a good place to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome from another newbie who lives outside of Texas but is a born and bred native of the state. I'm a boomer too. Prepping, as a way of life, affords a great deal of security in this very uncertain world. I think you'll appreciate the life!

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Howdy,

Welcome to the forum from Southeastern Kansas.

Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL? (If needed)

Self-sufficient? Garden?

Own a rifle? Reload? Cast bullets? Hunt? Fish?

Homebrewing? Can food?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts