Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone~
I'm from Middletown, right outside Harrisburg. Single mom of 2 kiddos, age 13 and 10 both great boys.
New to the idea of being a survivalist, but really really really into learning as much as I can as fast as I can since I am so sure TSHTF soon and I need to be at least a little bit prepared, although the most I have done so far is start some food storage.
My goals: have 3 BOB's (plus one for my 80 yr old mom at her house) ready by the end of January, plus by no later than June all my camping and other gear that I could need, or at least a good start on it, since the list can go on forever.
I'd love to learn how to can foods, and I am actually on Craigslist in Harrisburg to barter cleaning services for Canning equipment and any other gear or items that would be helpful. Hey, I am trying anything I can to get stuff together as inexpensively as possible.
I just started to go to a local market in the area and I am thinking of getting a bunch of cast iron cookware I have been seeing, as well as some army surplus stuff.
I have so much information I have been collecting on the internet, that I can fill a binder with it all, and some of it is actually redundant. thinking of making a spreadsheet type of document with a list of the things I'd like to gather together so I can get rid of all the notebooks, then burn the entire thing to a disc.
Anyway, that's me, it's late and I'm rambling

·
Strive to Survive
58 Posts
Welcome from a new member single dad from SW Tennessee.:)
Sounds like you have a great plan that already puts you miles ahead of the clueless. Good-luck with your plans and hope to see you around the boards!

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX area!
I agree with survivalebooks...thrift stores are the way to go...especially if you find some that are in/near the high society areas of the community. For instance, even though it's not along the lines of cast iron, my friend got a Kitchenaid Mixer for $20. It was new and had all the attachments...it was just...PINK. It was a commemorative for a breast cancer awareness charity...but it was pink. My friend bought it...and painted it(She's more into tattoos and flame jobs), and saved $300. Point is, thrift shops can be good.:thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome, and hello neighbor:thumb:,

I'm near Carlisle.. My fiance and I are passing thru that area a good bit on our way to the future in-laws.. Good to see others on here from Pa.,.

Tux

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to live in Colonial park, graduated(with no honors) from CD high. I have a friend who lives in Middletown(not royalton or highspire). What's a BOB?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts