Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop in and say Hi to all the members here and introduce myself.

I am a disabled grandmother of many, but raising one who is almost ten along with my hubby of 10years and 3 dogs who think they are also our children...LOL

I have always wanted to garden and learn how to survive if something were to happen.

I found this group on YouTube and subscribe to all the videos put out..esp the gardening ones.

My hubby and I are love to fish and camp and he now see's the advantage of canning from the garden. We've had our ups and downs the last few years, but hope that this spring will get us a full spring garden in and work our way into a summer and fall, the weather permitting(2 much rain this year). Because we live where tomatoes are actually cheaper to buy from the big producers(1 being less than 5 miles from the house), when we want to can we get them by the box($6). and plant only a few for fresh eating. This yr we lucked up while there and a man had "peaches and cream corn" in his truck(couldn't find it in the stores as it was too expensive) and with a vacumn sealer machine we put in the freezer over 60 ears of the sweetest corn one could ever taste. We also got pickles from him and put up mutiple pints of dills and sweet. We use a Water bath system as we havent had the money to get a pressure canner. I have one for pints and found a quart canner at a thrift store.

Okay now that I have talked your ear off I'll sign off for now.

GSPack

·
Prepared in NH
12,847 Posts
Welcome to the Site - from NH.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like you are doing as my wife and I. Ironically both our parents did the same things when we were growing up and now, today we are as well. Feel free to email me if I can be of any help. I live close to Jasper, AL with my wife, son and granddaughter (Most of the time.) Have a happy new year and be safe and watch for people who don't look like they should be here! They probably shouldn't be.

Your Friend,
SkipHall

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. Spent a lot of time in Georgia - fighting in Ultimate Fighting. Great memories at Lake Lanier with my oldest Son who was killed in a car wreck soon afterwards. Let me know if I may ever be of help - that's how we all are going to make it over the next few years it seems.
Your Friend,
Skip Hall

·
Christian Survivalist
2,632 Posts
GSPack,

Welcome to the forum. I love the Videos that Kev does on YouTube as well. That why I have him make so many of the products I carry. There is a certain honesty that he has as a survivalist that I hope never changes!

Welcome to the forum.

Mark
Owner - ReadyPRO

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Collin County, Republic of Texas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts