Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the boards and I have to tell you how excited I am that I found this site.

I first got into the idea of survival in high school as my friends and I always went on camping trips vastly unprepared (either do to ignorance or lack of funds to buy the proper equipment) and used our creativity to solve survival problems that arose during the multiple days in the mountains. What would be deemed as "just another camping trip" with all the right equipment, was instead a great adventure using only the basics to survive.

I carried this enthusiasm for survival with me through the military, where of all places, such a state of mind was encouraged and allowed to blossom (my squad needed to be self sufficient).

Now, almost 10 years from discharge, I work a desk job to make ends meet, put food on the table, etc, etc...which is like putting a animal in a cage. I have a wife at home and a little one on the way. My wife and I currently live in a apartment near the coast. I still enjoy getting away from the urban centers whenever possible and endulging in a good dose of survival literature (fiction, nonfiction, Post-Apoc, dystopia, etc).

I have been reading through a lot of the posts here and it's seems to be a great community of like minded people. I know I will have more than my fair share of question but also hope to provide from my experiences as well. Thanks!!!

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
Welcome to the board from Australia.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
BEEN HERE TO LONG
1,336 Posts
welcome from tennessee .to survive move from cal. i herd its going to fall into the ocean lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts