Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I learned of this forum from reading some survival and sustainable living posts on a Canadian Firearms forum.

I live in Southern Alberta. I work in Agriculture as a business manager for a livestock feed company. We recently moved out of the city back into the country on a nice little 5 acre property. We have lots of space, and lots of unfinished projects.

I'm a hunter, SAR volunteer worker, Ham radio operator, horseman, photographer, fly fisherman, dog lover, crummy guitar player and an even worse gardener.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Much to learn here. Things to ponder follow:

Have a BOL?

Self-sufficient? Garden? Stored food?

Reload? Cast bullets? Practice with your firearms?

Practice permaculture? Gather wild foods?

I live in our BOL. There's not much around here, so there's not much to run from or too. Our house location was chosen with sustainability and isolation in mind.

I'm amazed at how much, and how little people have stored. We could easily live 3 months stored off the food in our home for general consumption, but some people see to have trouble making it through a weekend without having to buy more food. We did a poor job of gardening this year. Soil improves are being made this month, so next year will provide some better produce. I do have 160 acres of potatoes and 300 head of cow and calves grazing across the road. We wouldn't be short of meat and potatoes this year anyway.

I do a lot of hunting, and I've done competitive shooting with pistols and rifles. Although I can't shoot the gun out of your hand from 50 yards with my pistol, I'm good enough. In Canada, we have some fairly restrictive firearms laws, so in the event of an emergency, I'll be looked at as an armed wacko that the police will detain and question. My friends often joke that we had to move to the country to store ammo and firearms safely. They all plan to come here in the event of an emergency. Lucky me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome from Southern Alberta. Theres quite a few Albertians on this boards these days. As far as guns go, us Albertians seem to love them. Texas of the north......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts