Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking around the site for a few months now and somehow missed the introduction section. I have really enjoyed the site so far and am learning more and more everyday.

I grew up in the great state of Alabama, left a few years ago for the southwest and recently retreated back home. I was raised as a ******* then educated at a liberal arts university. My family is very conservative, I am... well... not. I am 25 years old and happily married.

I married a musician (clarinetist) my senior year of college and promptly left school, and moved to New Mexico, where she was going for her masters degree. We loved the southwest and decided to go to Las Vegas when she finished her masters. There she started on her doctorate. The "big city" life suited us well. We made lots of friends in different circles and got pretty well established. This is when I really started prepping. The whole time it just didn't feel right to be there. There is a darkness to people in the city (especially in Vegas) that after a while you just can't ignore. After a lot of discussions we decided to move back home to start a family. This was 3 months ago. We had a decent savings and supplies to last at least 2 months. We both started job hunting before we left and had good leads, so we felt ok about moving. Last week after 3 months I finally got a job making a lot less than I was when I moved away in the first place. Thank God my parents don't mind putting us up. As far as supplies go they are scattered to the winds. We are now rebuilding our lives.

Like so many of my generation I don't really have a career. I have done lots of customer service work, was once a police dispatcher, a vetinary tech, and am currently a medical tech. Like my father before me I don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

In my youth I thought the term "survivalist" was interchangeable with "fundamentalist". My first experience with a true survivalist a few years ago changed my views. He really opened up my eyes to all the what ifs in society today. I was always taught to plan for the future, but I thought the future was going to be a lot prettier than it's turning out to be. Its time for me to get serious about preparing for the future (again...).

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome aboard. What part of ALABAMA are you from? Hope you have a geat time here. Lots of really good people here. Let us hear from you in the posts. Make friends in your area especially.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome aboard. What part of ALABAMA are you from? Hope you have a geat time here. Lots of really good people here. Let us hear from you in the posts. Make friends in your area especially.
Thanks for the welcome and good advice, I am in northern chilton county, lots of like minded people around here. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts