Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 59 years I've served 4 years in the USCG, been a barber (not hairstylist. don't go there), auto mechanic, managed gas stations, worked in foundry, sold new cars, worked production in steel fabrication plant, ran a small security company, drove taxi, sold insurance (tried anyway), framed new houses, wired new houses, plumbed new houses, did remodels and room additions, mobile home warranty work, and over the road 18 wheel truck driver. All the while pursuing survival knowledge. I sincerely hope that all of this has given me something to share here. I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up.

I love to learn and I'm looking forward to plenty of opportunity for that here. From what I've been reading here, it looks like I came to the right place.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
SemperParatus
welcome a board, I'm sure you've got a lot we can learn from you and hope you will find some new info here with us.

·
We The People
1,658 Posts
Jack-Of-All-Trades is never a bad position. I will be enlisting into the CG in a few months. What was your rank and postion?

Also, welcome to the community.

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
Welcome aboard, always ready. Good to see another Alabama person on the board. Much of my family lives in AL, and I just got back from a trip to visit family in Kowaliga.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Ahoy. Good to see a rennaissance man once in a while. It reminds me of a show on tv a few years ago about a genius that was on the run from some agency that could literally do anything.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Glad you found us..Welcome!
Still have proerty & family, in NW Bama.
P.S. I hear growing up really sucks, so I've kind of put it on the back burner, also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Good to see some Alabama boys here too. Although I'm from Alabama I'm making my plans in Tennessee. Got a little spot back in the woods and plan to set up entirely off grid.

123, I wish you well in the CG and to answer your question I was a seaman when I got out. I had not yet mastered the art of being a non conformist at the time. Wish now I'd stayed in.

·
Miles togo before I sleep
472 Posts
Welcome from B-ham!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts