Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Curmudgeon
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am "MedicineMan". Actually that's just my CB handle that I've used for 16+ years and during my career as an over-the-road truck driver.
I'm known, or was, across the nation by many drivers as that name, so I chose it as my "nick" or "handle" with other groups and on the internet.

It derives from my Choctaw heritage and the fact that I was an EMT at the time it was bestowed upon me. (traditionally you do not choose your "handle", it's chosen by others who know you)

I became interested in Survival at the young age of 12 after reading "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer" and thinking what sort of other things would have been needed to stay indefinitely on that Island in the river.

I continued this line of thought all through High School, and became interested in the "Fallout Shelter" type of survivalism as tensions with the former USSR got worse.
Antoher lesser influence was the wonderful string of "disaster flicks" during the 1970's.

In 1982, on the very day of my Seventeenth Birthday, I was in Jackson, MS for my Army Physical.
I learned many things in the Army, good AND bad.

Then in 1984 Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, C.Thomas Howell, Lea Thompson, and a list of other young "hardly knowns" were flashed across the big screen for a Generation to see in the movie "RED DAWN".
We were suddenly introduced to the possibility that 1) there might someday be a war ON AMERICAN SOIL, and 2) We might be the underdogs and have to fight Guerilla Style.
The "plans" and lists, and bugout locations, and tactics began to be discussed and thought out and planned.

Then life took over for a while, and even though I didn't actively pursue Survivalism, it was always there in the back of my mind.

Soon though, the world I lived in started to seem just a little bit "off".

I saw a man, one who was living "MY" backcountry dream, attacked by a literal ARMY of fed cops.
His son was murdered by being shot in the back, his wife was murdered by the fed sniper Lon Horiuchi who shot her in the head while she was UNARMED and HOLDING A BABY in her arms. The man's stepson was shot and wounded.
And his life was generally turned into HELL on earth.
WHY???
Over a circular piece of steel no larger than a wedding ring.

But we can all search and get Randy Weaver's story so I'll go on.

Then I watched, as did America, while our own government attacked a CHURCH (NOT a "Compound") in Waco, TX that had been around since the 1940's, and deliberately caused the deaths of the 74 men, women, and children who died in the inferno on April 19, 1993.

Again,
On April 17, 1995 Timothy McVeigh reportedly picked up a 20-foot Ryder truck from Elliott's Body Shop in Junction City. The truck was filled with roughly 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) of ammonium nitrate, an agricultural fertilizer, and nitromethane, a highly volatile motor-racing fuel-a mixture also known as Kinepak or ANFO (ammonium nitrate/fuel oil).
At 9:02 a.m. on April 19, 1995, the truck exploded in the street in front of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building.
There are many problems with the official story of the bombing.

You can find some of it here: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/OK/ok.html

I was off that morning due to our job being rained out. I saw the whole thing unfold from breaking news through the change of information to the LIE they tell now.

I was REALLY pissed that the media was buying the Fed story and not telling the truth.
And you can see what I watched on the news that morning here:

In 1997, I began hearing rumblings of the pending Y2K problem.
My wife and I really paid heed and decided to go ahead and prep "just in case" and if it wasn't a big deal we'd just be ahead of the game for the future.

At the same time, I was building on my already sizeable collection of Firearms.
And I saw then the need to be with "like minded people" in a SHTF situation.

In 2003, I had some serious Family problems.
Unfortunately, part of my troubles required the need to re-train for a different career.
In 2004 I finished my prerequisites for the Paramedic Program.
That same fall of 2004 I started College full time in a program that allowed very little time for other activities.

I spent 18 months with only 1 "weekday" off from class or training and aquired a 2 year AA degree.

Now I work 24 hour shifts on the Ambulance, in 2 or 3 day stretches. (48's or 72's)

In my "off time", I'm active with my local VFD.
I also am active in my Town Government, even running for office Twice.

I have a STRONG belief in the Constitution, and in the freedom to "pursue happiness".

I like to do as I please and be left alone as long as I don't harm others or break any laws.
And this works out well usually.

There are STILL folks out there that believe like I do.
(somewhere)
But one thing is very clear......

The "NEO-freedomfighters" have taken over and it everything has become heavily PC and anything that offends little old ladies and sheeple is now Taboo.

No longer is it safe to call our Government fascist, illegal, tyrannical, or criminal. Nor is it safe to use the terms REVOLUTION, Removal by force, armed rebellion, or to talk about the very intentions of our Founding Fathers if our current situation arose.
The un-Patriot Act has effectively pulled the teeth of all the sheepdogs and clipped the wings & plucked out the eyes of the Hawks.

BTW - I'm a AVID supporter of Dr. Ron Paul.

I am also the Administrator/"Owner" of the Mississippi Patriots Discussion Forum.....
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Mississippi_Patriots/index.php?act=idx
All are Welcome there as I have been here.

Well,
Hope that's enough about me.

Later,
"MM"

·
Home...where the horse is
186 Posts
I am a support of Dr. Ron Paul as well. Interesting write up! Lots of things to consider in this day and age. I am a "Constitutionalist" and believe that taxes disguised as "fees" are illegal. Giddyap!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum. this is a place where we don't always agree with each other but have a common thread in that we are all into preparedness and survival.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts