Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just found this site while looking for something for my emergency supplies.

GREAT SITE! Glad I found you guys.

A little about myself. Where to start? I'm married with a couple of kids. I'm an avid Coast to Coast listener, so I've been hearing about being prepared for some time now and how screwed up things are and how it's only going to get worse.

Thankfully, we have a motor home that is completely self contained and equipped with solar panels and couple of golf cart batteries. So at the very least, we have a constant source of electricity. It also has a 60 gal fresh water tank, which is full right now. It makes a great place to store extra food and stuff. Our camping supplies are always in it, so it's ready to go at a moments notice.

Based on some recent news, we have been making an extra effort to get all the food we need to last a couple of months and other items. Those other items would be firearms. We currently don't have any and in the process of figuring out what to get and where to get it.

Anyway, I hope to learn more from this site and maybe be able to teach as well. I've done a ton of research on the subject of being self sufficient. I am by no means an expert, but just someone who wishes to be informed.

Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good starter firearms would be a .22 rifle (Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60) and a pump shotgun (Remington 870 , Mossberg 500) with a 18-20 inch barrell and an extra 24-28 inch barrell.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Welcome to our Community from Dallas. this is a place where you can get help or give help. Be a friend to the newbies if you can. Have a good time here. Welcome.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good starter firearms would be a .22 rifle (Ruger 10/22, Marlin 60) and a pump shotgun (Remington 870 , Mossberg 500) with a 18-20 inch barrell and an extra 24-28 inch barrell.
Welcome to the forum from Georgia, I second that regarding starter firearms.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

In regards to firearms, thanks of the suggestions. The Mossberg 500 was at the top of my list. With the short barrel and pistol grip with a rifle stock too. That's what I want to get for myself. My wife will be getting a pistol. She is in the process of figuring out what she wants/likes. A Glock 17 would be my first choice for her, but she needs to be the one who likes it. A number of people have suggested a Taurus .38 revolver for it's nice grip and of course simplicity. I've also thought about getting my oldest son a .22 rifle. All these would of course serve a good purpose on their own.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts