Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
A.K.A. "Urban_Cowboy"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all know me as Urban_Cowboy, but I've decided to switch to my normal ID, in an effort to make myself more available to those who really know me....after being a member here -under pseudonym- for a decent period, I've come to the conclusion that this forum is confused....

The forum is confused because it has three levels, which are very much at odds with each other....first, you have the wannabes, who just want to hang out and play their fantasies anonymously...a part of every group, these folks are harmless and actually more valuable to society simply by way of intellectual osmosis....second, we have the overzealous....folks who, by way of military, law enforcement or other uniformed service, believe that they have the market cornered on knowledge, and anyone who disagrees with them is full of ****....these folks are actually a detriment to a decent forum...

And lastly (most valuable), you got your legitimate, run-of-the-mill "Prepper"....some are former military or LEOs, some are tree-huggers, some are kids and newbs, and some are serious conspiratorialists...and many others...but what makes this last group so valuable is the desire to earnestly seek out and offer valuable advice and intel....

This last group is what I endeavor to be a part of, and I hope all my friends and peers will join me in this quest....God knows we're ALL going to need it someday....'nuff said....

'Saw

·
Prepared in NH
12,847 Posts
Welcome.....again.

Sites are made up of all kinds of members. Don't let the posers bother you.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Here is a warm non welcome back bucket of urine on your head. Being former military and current law enforcement, I believe you are confused and need to go back to whatever forum you came from. The former handle of "Urban Cowboy" explains much. You come here from your vacation and start bad mouthing people from the start. I hope someone farts in general direction!!!!!

·
A.K.A. "Urban_Cowboy"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome.....again.

Sites are made up of all kinds of members. Don't let the posers bother you.

Thanks...it ain't the posers that bother me....it's the folks who should grow up and know better, having been there....but it's of little matter, I guess, in the big scheme...I've definitely seen worse :D:

·
A.K.A. "Urban_Cowboy"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a warm non welcome back bucket of urine on your head. Being former military and current law enforcement, I believe you are confused and need to go back to whatever forum you came from. The former handle of "Urban Cowboy" explains much. You come here from your vacation and start bad mouthing people from the start. I hope someone farts in general direction!!!!!
Ummm....didn't you learn to read in the mil.?... I know it was a required skill for me when I served in a private military security force.......you should probably re-read the OP, or have someone do it for you....but thanks for proving my point, bud-o...cheers! :D:

·
Prepared in NH
12,847 Posts
Ouch.

On a side note; “Drunkin posts do have a certain level of entertainment value…”

·
Really?
16,125 Posts
I'm gonna say hello , but then I'm gonna say I'm glad you said you ENDEAVOR to be in group 3, 'cause right now you're coming across like you're in group 2.......first you've decided this site is messed up, then decided that there's 3 groups ( without group discussion or concensus), then decided what those 3 groups are and then decided which group you's in. How nice. Way I see it, you've come into Kev's house and forgot to wipe your feet.:)

·
A.K.A. "Urban_Cowboy"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm gonna say hello , but then I'm gonna say I'm glad you said you ENDEAVOR to be in group 3, 'cause right now you're coming across like you're in group 2.......first you've decided this site is messed up, then decided that there's 3 groups ( without group discussion or concensus), then decided what those 3 groups are and then decided which group you's in. How nice. Way I see it, you've come into Kev's house and forgot to wipe your feet.:)
haha...actually, I've been in "kev's house" for nearly a year now, and I've never stepped on anyone's neck, even when others are scrambling to do so, because it makes 'em feel like "big kids"...So on a positive note, sod off, wanker...YOU are officially classified GROUP 1 until proven otherwise....and the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...

·
A.K.A. "Urban_Cowboy"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, there's something else about you.....you quickly get offended ( and begin personal attacks) when someone disagrees with you......nice.
Haha...I'm not offended at all, Bud...even though your comments were the ones which were slanted...but it's okay, forgive you :D:...."Moving on!"

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
You, of course, are welcome to your own personal opinion. I see on your profile that you listed yourself as a retired 1SG, but then only list private security. Under Urban_Cowboy you never mentioned being a 1SG.

Have you ever served in the U.S. military, either active duty or reserve component, or just served as a private contractor?

Reactions: <Big_Saw>

·
A.K.A. "Urban_Cowboy"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You, of course, are welcome to your own personal opinion. I see on your profile that you listed yourself as a retired 1SG, but then only list private security. Under Urban_Cowboy you never mentioned being a 1SG.

Have you ever served in the U.S. military, either active duty or reserve component, or just served as a private contractor?
Actually, when I first signed up here, I hadn't yet retired, and my firm has non-disclosure policies for active and non-active/retired personnel, which includes mission parameters (past/present/future), personnel details, and logistic data, among others...I did retire from the industry, effective September, '09...and no, I am the first in generations deemed "no entry" for uniformed military service, due to a slight handicap in hearing...

I am, however, surrounded by a family of vets, and am very proud of the fact that I've been able to stand beside two brothers (USMC) on foreign soil, and serve in an equal capacity....and I'd be happy to swap tales w/anyone of familiar service...

And thanks, MSG, it is just my opinion as I see things, and by no way meant for offense toward any particular member or group....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts