Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I live is south Texas and I'm having a hard time finding NEW ZEALANDs or Californians for meat rabbits, a long time ago mine came up missing and I've decided to get back into it and can't for the life of me find someone who has any of the breeds I'm looking for ( my uncle quit raising them ) so any help will be great

All my local feed store have is Dutch and I'm picky on the breed

I'm more or less looking for someone in Texas who has these rabbits and willing to sell a pair .... I'll drive a good ways . I'm in the 361 and will travel

Any tips or help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Oh and depending where you live in south Texas... you really have to watch out for the loose dogs running in packs. They will find your rabbits and will come back time and again unless you shoot them all. Build your pen or hutch and use real chain link fence around and under it. We had chicken wire, then a layer of 1/4" hardware cloth, eventually had to wrap the whole danged thing in chain link so I could sleep at night and quit waking up the neighbors with my 12 gauge. First one was with a .22 short, wounded him and then a coyote got in a fight with him and they both died. That was a cost effective round. After that I just said "screw it" and started in on 00 buck, one at a time.

NGH

·
patriarch
5,039 Posts
Craigslist and scheduled rabbit shows. Check ARBA website for show schedule. I found california 250 miles away! Just so happens they are coming my way for errand. Meeting them 1/2 way. I have a NZ breeder nearby. I buy some of his cull rabbits sometimes. Big show breeder. If they don't place in show, their culls. Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.