Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i seen this and ive tried to search for review but cant really find anything on this company condor outdoor they
make 2 types of differnt quality of backpack that LOOK very similar. im wandering about the better quality one if any of you has heard anything on it and know if its the better one or the cheap one you heard about. they call it a 3day pack but it looks like a big 3 day pack :thumb: just wandering if it will hold up

here is the cheap one

http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/the-776/Condor-MOLLE-3-Day/Detail

here is the one im looking at

http://www.desertdeucesurplus.com/servlet/the-775/Condor-3-Day-Assault/Detail

·
531 Posts
Looks relatively similar to the one I have:

Wish I'd've looked a bit more extensively for multicam before I bought the ACU though.

I like the one I have because the side pouches detach, the 'butt' pack also comes off. But, overall looks like a good choice. I 'think' the one I have is slightly larger.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks relatively similar to the one I have:

Wish I'd've looked a bit more extensively for multicam before I bought the ACU though.

I like the one I have because the side pouches detach, the 'butt' pack also comes off. But, overall looks like a good choice. I 'think' the one I have is slightly larger.
yealp looks alot like it but the fanny packs are differnt.how long have you had yours? how much did you pay for yours? how well has it held up ?

·
Registered
946 Posts
That in no way looks like a comfortable pack :p

I should probably start a new thread on this... why not use more modern designs like those for tramping? A quality tramping pack will be light, very comfortable, have several useful pockets and take the knocks. Ultimately it wouldn't be as sturdy as some of the old military designs but at what point to you draw the line on comfort, function and durability? There has to be some middle ground.

Just the way that pack looks (going by the picture above), I'd guess that I'd have serious back / shoulder pain by the end of a long day walking if it was full of gear. Ok if it's just light clothing I guess but anything with weight... ouch?

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That in no way looks like a comfortable pack :p

I should probably start a new thread on this... why not use more modern designs like those for tramping? A quality tramping pack will be light, very comfortable, have several useful pockets and take the knocks. Ultimately it wouldn't be as sturdy as some of the old military designs but at what point to you draw the line on comfort, function and durability? There has to be some middle ground.

Just the way that pack looks (going by the picture above), I'd guess that I'd have serious back / shoulder pain by the end of a long day walking if it was full of gear. Ok if it's just light clothing I guess but anything with weight... ouch?
i just dont have any faith in civilian backpacks being durable and as functional all military backpacks. and i really dont want one with a frame. the one im looking at has some good shoulder straps on it and these packs really arnt all that big they are just 3 day packs. im not looking so much as backpack survival. ive been there, done that, dont really want to do it again unless i have to. my truck will be where my camp is :thumb

i dont want a bug out bag , i perfer a bug out vehicle :D:
i just want a pack for hunting that can carry every thing i may need just incase i get lost (never has happened but you never know) , so durability and function is most important then comfort

·
531 Posts
yealp looks alot like it but the fanny packs are differnt.how long have you had yours? how much did you pay for yours? how well has it held up ?
I've had it for 6 months or so, it's held up much better than the one I got 2 years ago. One of the plastic buckles broke and the nylon covering the foam on the back support portion tore. This new one has held up quite nice. Including shipping it was $65. Got it off eBay. As for being comfortable, I have a ton of stuff in there so it's not going to be 'comfy' but with the amount of stuff I have, nothing would be. But, it isn't uncomfortable at all. I think it does a great job at distributing the weight.

Same versions in multicam: http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=US+Tactical+Molle+Assault+multicam&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=US+Tactical+Molle+Assault&_osacat=0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts