Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
yes, on more than one occasion. Once hubs and I played hookie from home and went to the park for dinner. It was a fast food dinner, chinese. No chopsticks, forks or napkins included. BOB has two sporks and wet naps. We've used the nalgene bottle in there a few times for water. I've used several bandaids and we used the fire starting materials to get a bbq going at the park when we forgot the charcoal starter. I've been thankful that I had my hat and a windbreaker a couple times too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes on a couple of occasions. Once a little kid locked himself in a public rest room. No key available and I had to crowbar the door open. I carry a small prybar in my bag and it came in handy that day. Another time my wife entered an underground garage at her job only to find the lights out from a tripped circuit breaker. She used her head lamp to make sure she could see in the dark.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
I need it all the time since it is my hiking pack also. But I have never "bugged out" with it and hope I never have to!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I needed something to tie up a matress, so I told the girlfriend to get her para cord out of her BOB. Not interesting but it was there when we needed it.

·
Indefatigable
21,059 Posts
I was traveling with my dog through a snowstorm, when I blew a tire. 4 miles to the next town. I managed not to roll us, only to end up in a ditch, in no postion to change a tire. In the cars BOB was a magnetic sign that said send help. I pasted it on the door and popped the hood. I waited 20 min, no traffic. I put on all the extra clothes I had in the BOB, the dog had a coat, I put that on her too. I popped a couple of handwarmers in my pockets and a few other supplies along with a couple of protein bars. I then shook everything out of my pack, rolled the dog up in a blanket shoved her and a couple bottles of water in the pack and took off on foot. It wasn't an easy hike, there were some pretty steep hills but we made it into town about 15 minutes after dark. Never saw a car on the highway, so I was glad we walked.

·
WINNING...humbly
3,704 Posts
Twice. First time when I was bailing out of a bad relationship. Second time when the fires made it impossible to breath so we just picked up and drove to Huntington Beach and spend a couple of nights in a hotel by the beach.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
There are plenty of times when the power has gone out, and I've used my candles and flashlights. But never had to leave home with my bugout bag.

Also, one time my furnace broke, in December. I had to sleep in my sleeping bag, in my bed, with lots of blankets over me. It took several days for a repairman to get it fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts