Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occurs to me that maybe conservatives like me are smitten with Palin for many of the same reasons that progressives became smitten with Obama.

They are both young
They are both attractive (at least that's what I am told about Obama :) )
They are both fresh faces on the scene

And the biggest reason

In general, we don't have a lot of experience with their politics and policies.

As conservatives, are we maybe projecting just a tad, and imbuing Palin with virtues that we hope she has?

Problem with building up too high a pedestal for Palin, is that when she falls, we will feel all the more embittered... I hope we don't get buyer's remorse.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Palin can no more fail to her worshipers than Obama can to his worshipers. I wouldn't worry about buyer's remorse.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Oh, I think the selection of Palin put the election on the footing of historic, either a Black president or a female VP. I also think women will vote their sex -- Blacks will their race -- because this time it can make a difference to vote for one of those two immutables. There are more white women than blacks, and that would swing the election for McCain. Biden is damaged goods and even if not cannot capture the imagination as Palin can. And I think American can see a woman VP but not a Black president, or not at least that one.

Now... should we buy our AK47s now or wait until after the election. You know of Obama wins they will be banned so the price is going to skyrocket overnight to get grandfathered in...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts