Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Stink bug, careful where you kill it. Makes vegetables taste funky and isnt exactly rosey smelling to get on your hands.

·
Stargazer Extraordinaire
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the leaf footed stink bug to be exact. These things are very destructive and very prolific around here. Whatever it sticks its pointy mouth into eventually begins to rot. Worse on tomatoes, peaches and beans. They do many times more damage to my garden than all other bugs combined.

I definately do not squash them or touch them, but I do give them a malathion shower when I find one, or their little bright red urchins. That seems to ruin their whole day.

Rick

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Yes, the leaf footed stink bug to be exact. These things are very destructive and very prolific around here. Whatever it sticks its pointy mouth into eventually begins to rot. Worst on tomatoes, peaches and beans. They do many times more damage to my garden than all other bugs combined.

I definately do not squash them or touch them, but I do give them a malathion shower when I find one, or their little bright red urchins. That seems to ruin their whole day.

Rick
Ah, another neighbor!! My our area is growing around here.:thumb:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ah stink bugs, that's what they are! I have those on my tomatoes along with some smaller more square cousins. I actually had some produce until they came along.

·
Stargazer Extraordinaire
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look for clusters of bright red or orange bugs that look kind of like ants, with black legs. These are just hatched leaf footers. Lay waste to them all. Eggs look like clusters of orange barrels. I'm doing my best to make this thing an endangered species.

Rick

·
Your move Sparky...
7,782 Posts
I thought you were discussing rabbits.

"Kill Da Wabbit....Kill da Waaaabit...Norf wind bwow, souf winds bwow. KEEEL DA WABBIT!"

·
Stargazer Extraordinaire
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a lot of gophers in this neck of the woods, gopher turtles though ! I guess the yard cat keeps cottontails at bay, fortunately no rabbit damage. Possums and limb rats got some peaches, broke the branches on some tress. But the main pest in my garden/orchard is that cursed stink bug. Think I'll go out and find one to kill right now.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts