·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people are private but this more like NJ is already fallen SMH

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have not fallen off the map but there is a lack of awareness in New Jersey. I constantly do education/prep help with friends. We have sort of formed our own group, if you will. We all know each other and plan to survive together. We need these independent groups to talk with one another.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
If NJ fell off the map, no one informed me. It's becomming prohibitively expensive to live here... I dream everyday of heading south...the truth is that i don't have anything holding me here--except that it's home....

·
BASS
2,090 Posts
If the United States needed an enema this is where to stick it........

Wished I live in Tennessee........... Wife won't move....... Cheaper to stay here than to leave her.. LOL

·
Registered
839 Posts
North Jersey and South Jersey are world apart. I still have rural places. The cities up north, you have to go further out west. If it wasn't for the NNJ lead liberal laws, it i would be an ok place to live. I am not moving out of state. I watched the NJ liberals move south, like my sister. They want to make the south a Jersey style heaven. I am just staying put while they leave and export the NJ hell to other places

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Same as LINY. There are few kids returning from college and without future roots there is no reason for retirees to stay.

·
Red Neck American
738 Posts
I left south jersey some 30 years ago. taxes, auto insurance, conjestion, regulation, all factors. recently saw my neice, who still lives there. her home is half the size of mine, we got talking taxes on homes. i stated im at around $900.00, she chimes in saying thats about what they pay, just under $900.00 a month, then i inform her, im talking about per year. $900.00 a year in tax not a month.
auto inurance was simular. commute time, no comparason, and regulations, how do they still call tht a free state?
i brought mom down here when she finaly agreed that 3000 in property tax for a 2 bedroom home was becoming unaffordable. that was 10 years ago. here, her taxes dropped to 500 on the same size nearly identical home. .

·
Registered
918 Posts
New jersey lived here all my life went from one town to another.because it was turning into city. I dont live in city like anymore. Guess u would say overcrowed towns.. i live in the pines i am not far from stores 45 minutes for a real one lol. Got some woods and neiboughers. Lived here 4 years. Learning new things and well enjoying it. Not country but in the pines. And well its a little cheaper but not much. Not many friends either no square dancing events. Lol its a boring town. But its a dream .nicest house on the block not big but nice. You see deer and some turkeys. Im a pineygal. No cow gal. No animals other then cats. Lol trying to be more self effecient...

·
Registered
839 Posts
I moved west from where I grew up, too many people especially the city folk from AC. We have an acre, but behind us is undevelopable woods and a creek. Only real hassle is the 55+ next door, damn city people. Yes the deer is pretty, but it will jump out in front of your car and kill you, the snakes eat the mice so they are good and turkeys are dirty. We are trying more self-reliant, our house has a big solar array, is energy efficient. Gardens and fruit trees are going in slowly. We are 5 miles to stores, only thing good about that is we are building a business ad need people.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts