Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've been forced to start using your preps due to the economy, are you feeling pretty secure, or are you feeling frightened? How long do you feel your preps will last? Do you continually add to your preps, or are you not able to now?

·
Preparing...
1,302 Posts
I haven't started stockpiling food yet but i think this would be a good time to start before it gets worse which knowing the econony it almost certainly will.

Especially as the governement over here in England has decided to shut down lots of power plants which is going to be causing hundreds of powercuts in the next few years.

So i had better get stocking up.

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,677 Posts
Just the usual use and replace rotation.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have been using and replacing too.
Our supplies went down a little when the girls moved out and we filled up their pantry with food for emergencies.
have to replace a little more and we will be back to normal.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Maybe?

Rotation of the shorter term food items, yes.

Long term food storage items, no.

I am finding I am using more of what I would call my "safety stock" these days. I am seeing what may be the "empty shelve syndrome", in some areas these days. The local stores are moving the cans around to fill in the gaps, one layer deep, not stacked deep. The variety and selection of items available are being reduced by store chains and distributors. No one wants to pay for the extra stock, or shipping. The only thing they are willing to stock are the top seller, not the other choices. The store brands are disappearing. Even our nearest Wal-Mart cant keep up. I do notice when Wal-Mart cant keep simple items like car oil and filters on the shelf.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
Im still stockpiling and haven't had to get into my preps, at least not too much.

Ive been rotating some of the canned goods out and replacing them with larger canned items but that was planned.

Right now Im well stocked at least for the better part of a year. Id like to add more canned meats, canned fruits, etc but it all takes time.

Right now I have more pressing preps to consider.

·
Gettin' there
920 Posts
Since I stock only what I know I will eat, I suppose I eat my stock everyday. But if I stopped buying/stocking, I have enough to get me through well over a year.
Rotation is easy enough since I store in 3 different places.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Be thankfull this collapse is happening in slow motion.Gives you a lot of time to think things thru and buy what best suits your needs.Keep plugging.Do not stop.Don't be lulled by warm and fuzzy speak from washington.

·
Frozen Patriot
664 Posts
Just adding and building myself, I recently picked up a ton of candles, matches and lighters. this had been on my list for a while and finally got around to doing it. I have another big food buy next week....:thumb:

DS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.