Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this water bottle out. It is a purifier. I have never seen this before, and was wondering if anyone else has used this or seen this one?? I know there are water bottle filters out there, but it seems to me that this one is the best and it is a purifier and can purifiy any fresh water in 20 seconds....

http://www.lifesaverusa.com/index.htm

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
DOn't know the folks. Never used the unit. I carry Katydyn filters with me all the time. Have so for over 20 years. Have 4 of them. 3 minis and 1 pocket. they have never failed me. I travel overseas and carry with me there.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I've not seen this particular brand, but another company (Katadyn - formerly Pur) makes one called the Exstream as well. They do work, but they're really made for small-scale personal consumption only. I wouldn't try to filter water for an entire family using one.

This is an interesting product made by Reliance Products, another water purifier company. It's a packet of stuff you stir into the water, as opposed to an apparatus that you filter through...

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
...This is an interesting product made by Reliance Products, another water purifier company. It's a packet of stuff you stir into the water, as opposed to an apparatus that you filter through...
Saw one of these at Wal-Mart the other day. The only active ingredient listed in the packet was Sodium Hypochlorite (basically powdered bleach - same stuff as in pool shock) AND it was $9.95 to do 2.5 gal (10 quarts) or some such (i.e. very expensive for what you got IMHO.)

Allan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts