Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so how did it work out. for those who ay not know, a bundle bow is a kind up "quick and dirty" bow usuly comprised of three streight shafts of hardwood meeting at the center (one full langth, on 2/3, and one 1/3) and bound togather with rawhide, or some substitute.

I have never made one personaly, however they seem very simple, and may be worth a shot.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Same here. I got board in Iraqistan an made a bundle bow out of black sprinkler tube. 3/4' I do believe. Strung it with 550 cord. I made a heavy arrow out of the best little skinny tree I could find. I could shoot it through a cardboard box. I believe with a nice carbon or aluminum and nice wood arrows and a broad head, you could kill someone. Try it man, it takes like 20 minutes to make one.:thumb:

·
Semper non compos mentis
1,578 Posts
Yep, many years ago, i was near a river with lots of willows, The local inland river was full of Koi Carp, you could see them thick in the water.

Bundled up some willow branches about 5' long, with several shorter 2-3' ones in the middle. Had some string twine so used that for binding and the string. I guess nowadays I would try using willow bark cordage. Found a fallen (dried out) willow branch to break an arrow out of. Sharpened it with my knife. Didn't make any fletching, just the stick. Worked well - for one shot anyway. missed the fish, lost the arrow and was bored by then. I suppose it took about 20 mins all up.

Ah youth, where did my energy go? Must try it again - thanks for the thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts