Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/harvey-weinstein-sentenced-in-prison-for-sex-assault.html

Jurors found him guilty of committing a first-degree criminal sexual act by forcibly performing oral sex on production assistant Mimi Haleyi in 2006.

He also had been convicted of third-degree rape for attacking aspiring actress Jessica Mann in a Manhattan hotel room in 2013.

Weinstein was sentenced to 20 years for the attack on Haleyi and another three years in prison, to be served consecutively, for the rape of Mann. If he survives his prison sentence, he will have to serve five years of probation after his release.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
All without a shred of physical evidence. Businessmen would be well advised to be cautious about hiring female employees that they will have close interactions with. There is a lot of incentive for false claims--lawsuit settlements, media attention, book deals, gofundme drives, and special interest bankrolling.

I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I don't think it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt just because a woman claims it did years after the fact.

Wonder when the civil suits will start up.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/harvey-weinstein-sentenced-in-prison-for-sex-assault.html

Jurors found him guilty of committing a first-degree criminal sexual act by forcibly performing oral sex on production assistant Mimi Haleyi in 2006.

He also had been convicted of third-degree rape for attacking aspiring actress Jessica Mann in a Manhattan hotel room in 2013.

Weinstein was sentenced to 20 years for the attack on Haleyi and another three years in prison, to be served consecutively, for the rape of Mann. If he survives his prison sentence, he will have to serve five years of probation after his release.

Couldn't-a happened to a better creep!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All without a shred of physical evidence. Businessmen would be well advised to be cautious about hiring female employees that they will have close interactions with. There is a lot of incentive for false claims--lawsuit settlements, media attention, book deals, gofundme drives, and special interest bankrolling.

I'm not saying that it didn't happen, but I don't think it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt just because a woman claims it did years after the fact.

What are your thoughts on Michael Jackson's allegations?

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,597 Posts

Therein lies the problem: they bend the standards in order to convict an eminently guilty person like Weinstein, and then that becomes the standard for going after anyone, even you or me. :mad:

Do I think he did it? Yes, that and a hundred times more. But get the evidence and testimony and make a valid case before a judge who will enforce evidentiary standards and admissibility.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts

One of the businesses I deal with has installed cameras and listening equipment all around and within his business. He's actually fired people when he heard them bad-mouthing his company. I personally wouldn't want to work in such an atmosphere but I can see why he's taken things to this limit. He has a record of everything said and done which may protect him in any future lawsuit.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Therein lies the problem: they bend the standards in order to convict an eminently guilty person like Weinstein, and then that becomes the standard for going after anyone, even you or me. :mad:

Do I think he did it? Yes, that and a hundred times more. But get the evidence and testimony and make a valid case before a judge who will enforce evidentiary standards and admissibility.

Not only get the evidence but the women accusers need to alert law enforcement in a timely manner. Not decades after the fact. Had they filed a report with law enforcement in a timely manner then Weinstein may not have committed as many crimes as he did. In fact ... not reporting a crime right away could possibly be a crime in and of itself.

Reactions: Harmless Drudge

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not only get the evidence but the women accusers need to alert law enforcement in a timely manner. Not decades after the fact. Had they filed a report with law enforcement in a timely manner then Weinstein may not have committed as many crimes as he did. In fact ... not reporting a crime right away could possibly be a crime in and of itself.
This is what bothers me about this whole thing. Is Ole Harvey a pig of the first order, yes...I won't dispute that. But, all those Ashley Judd types, who kept their mouths shut for decades, so they could keep cashing those multi-million dollar paychecks, all the sudden care about their "sisters?" It's hypocrisy at its finest.

There are a lot of people out there, from Hollywood to national political big shots, who want this guy gone...yesterday. He'll probably get "Epsteined," while the guards look the other way, within a month of imprisonment.

·
Registered
12,108 Posts

Where they failed with Kavanaugh they succeeded with Weinstein. Could this possibly be a prelude to another run at Kavanaugh?

That said, is Weinstein guilty? Probably. Was there in some cases willing participation? I don't doubt it for a moment. FWIW, it's nice to see his smug arrogance knocked down a few notches. Now if only the same were to happen with the Clintons.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Where they failed with Kavanaugh they succeeded with Weinstein. Could this possibly be a prelude to another run at Kavanaugh?

That said, is Weinstein guilty? Probably. Was there in some cases willing participation? I don't doubt it for a moment. FWIW, it's nice to see his smug arrogance knocked down a few notches. Now if only the same were to happen with the Clintons.

Most actresses these days are prostitutes willing to do anything for a buck. Most have posed topless at one time or another in their lives so I agree that many were completely willing to do whatever it took to get the part and the notoriety. By coming out of the woodwork in Weinstein's case ... they got another few moments in the limelight. It's what they crave the most.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Most actresses these days are prostitutes willing to do anything for a buck. Most have posed topless at one time or another in their lives so I agree that many were completely willing to do whatever it took to get the part and the notoriety. By coming out of the woodwork in Weinstein's case ... they got another few moments in the limelight. It's what they crave the most.
Most always have been. The casting couch is as old as Hollywood itself. Harvey wasn't the Lone Ranger in doing such shenanigans.

·
Banned
514 Posts
If a movie executive is a good looking guy and an actress crawls into the sack with him in exchange for a part in a movie then it's a love affair. If she bird dogs a hog like Harvey and he takes a shot, then it's rape that doesn't always have to be physical, it can be mental rape.
Look at that group of heifers that testified against Weinstein twenty years after his supposed crimes. Most of them couldn't get a part in a commercial selling used cars in New Jersey. Now that the criminal trial is over, wait for the civil trials to start.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I hope it was worth it. Now he is prison bait. His only hope is to announce he has the goods on the clintons and hope for arkancide

·
The Power of the Glave
2,261 Posts
As others have commented here--Weinstein was without a doubt a predatory sexual opportunist. But these women took an awful long time to come around to finally yelling "rape!" And it's little doubt that they probably acquiesced more than a little, knowing that they would gain something from it all.

And since the first movie ever was made in Hollywood, this sort of crap has been going on in the entertainment business.

The moral of the story--as I see it---is that guys better be DAMNED sure to keep your pants zipped around any women today!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I remember correctly, at least the kid was able to accurately describe Jackson's genitals. That's at least some evidence that he saw them. Because the accuser is a kid, there's no defense that it was a consensual encounter like the Weinstein case.
That's not physical beyond a doubt evidence of a crime, that's witness testimony and being able to describe his genitals isn't evidence that he raped the kids. I'm confident that MJ was guilty but got off because of the same excuses you're giving Weinstein. Everything we know about Weinstein makes him seem just as guilty IMO. Also with these types of crimes it's often two opposite accounts of an event, in this case it's 100 accounts of 100s of events verses his denial. It's quite clear that he's had this coming and deserves to rot in jail.

Plus look at Bill Clinton, most people here would conclude that he's guilty of molesting kids because he flew on Epstein's jet. But there's no evidence that he did anything illegal. I'm guessing that you're not about to apply the same logic to Bill.

·
M.R. Ducks
18,330 Posts
Businessmen would be well advised to be cautious about hiring female employees that they will have close interactions with.
A better lesson for businessmen is to refrain from raping your employees and job applicants.

Most actresses these days are prostitutes willing to do anything for a buck. Most have posed topless at one time or another in their lives so I agree that many were completely willing to do whatever it took to get the part and the notoriety.
Posing with your top off is not the same as consenting to rape.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts