Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Unique-ARs handguard for my rifle and I do not want to put any rails on it. I want to mount a Harris Bipod to it.

Does anybody know of a sling stud that will screw into one of the tapped holes in the handguard that are designed to mount Picatinny rails? It is not Mlock or Keymod. It is drilled and tapped.

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
Check Midway. I did same thing. Think it was an Uncle Mike's.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,594 Posts
There's a mount for the bayonet lug, I've seen them somewhere, just can't remember where as it's been some time.

Do a google search

·
reluctant sinner
17,590 Posts
You will either need to drill and tap the hole out to the standard stud size (10-32) or turn down the standard stud and cut new threads to fit your hand guard threads.

I would put a extra nut on the inside of the guard for added pull out resistance.

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
OP said it was already drilled and tapped. Likely to be 10-32. Mine was. A Yankee Hill rail I bought several years ago.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya it is already drilled and tapped for standard Picatinny rail mounting screws. I can't find any sling stud that lists the thread type for the screws. They are all for M-Loc or Keymod handguards. I can't find a sling stud that will simply screw into a Picatinny mounting hole. It seems like a really good idea and if this does not exist already I'm gonna buy a CNC machine and get rich making these.

AK103K did you read my original post? What am I looking for is NOT a rail, it is NOT M-Loc and it is NOT Keymod. I want to know if a product exists that simply screws into one of the tapped holes that a Picatinny rail screws into.

·
What hell, pay attention
7,989 Posts
If its already drilled for a Picatinny rail, buy one of the small sections of rail, and screw it on the gun. Then you have plenty of options. You dont need the whole rail, just one of the short pieces.

This isnt rocket science. If you dont want any rail, buy one of the basic, Uncle Mikes threaded stud mounts that comes with a nut and washer, drill a hole or use one of the existing holes, and youre good to go. Its not real strong, but it works.

Thats what I used to do before we had all these options we have now, and while it worked, it never worked as well as a proper mount.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"If its already drilled for a Picatinny rail, buy one of the small sections of rail, and screw it on the gun. Then you have plenty of options." This is the second time you have failed to read the first sentence of my OP.

"Uncle Mikes threaded stud mounts that comes with a nut and washer, drill a hole or use one of the existing holes"

These are 10-32 thread? If so, why didn't you just say so to begin with? Do you know for a fact these will fit in the tapped holes of the Unique-ARs handguard I also mentioned in my OP?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts