Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to take a few minutes to review some of the dehydrated and freeze dried foods that I have ordered to try from Harmony House Foods, out of North Carolina.

To start, their shipping times are fantastic. My first order was a bit of a fluke at 1 day from placing to receiving. The second order took a little longer at 3 days. The foods are packaged pretty well, and most are rated at about 2 years of shelf life in the original packaging.

On to the products. I ordered the Deluxe Sampler, which has 18 veggies, 8 beans/legumes, and 5 TVP (meat substitute) products. I wouldn't have bothered with the TVP, but it was the same price for the sampler that included it, or to order the veggies and beans seperate, so I went with it. I also ordered a gallon of sliced potatoes and the orchard fruit pack.

As far as the veggies go, mostly they have been pretty good. I have tried the Jalepenos, Onions, Potatoes, Brocolli, Carrots, and the Spinach. The only one that I haven't liked was the Brocolli, and I am not huge on Brocolli anyway, so that may have just been me. The Jalepenos and the Onions I have used mostly as more of a seasoning than rehydrated, but they are excellent in that regard. I fried some potatoes with onions, jalepenos, and the TVP "chickenish bits" with good success. I also scrambled eggs this morning with onions, spinach and the chickenish bits, and they were great.

As for the fruit, the only one I have tried is the apple dices, and they are really good. An odd texture at first, but then the flavor kind of explodes in your mouth. I plan to use them with my #10 cans of oatmeal to make my own flavors.

As I try more of the products, I will update this thread with new combinations and opinions. Please feel free to share any experiences you have had with these products and this company as well. :thumb:

·
Peas and Carrots!
36,850 Posts
Harmony House doesn't package for long term storage. Everything I've gotten from them is dehydrated. I don't know if they carry any freeze-dried products or not. Packaged as it comes the shelf life of 2 years is about right. If you repackage for long term storage, then you are looking at comparable shelf lives to any other dehydrated food.

I have been pleased with their food quality also but I've only purchased dehydrated vegetables from them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.