Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m willing to drop two weeks pay for a solid pair of water proof, non reinforced toe,
HARD USE boots

Asking for suggestions

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,586 Posts
Danner boots and Sno Seal

·
Psalm 37:28
1,147 Posts
My best experience has been with Red Wing King Toe 8 inch. They do have a composite safety toe, but I don't even notice that it's there. I hiked with them in the Scottish Highlands, and while the sole is not ideal for hiking (the tread is not aggressive at all), the comfort level was excellent. Just like an ordinary boot to me. And they're waterproof and will take a ton of abuse.

I know you said non reinforced toe, so sorry if it absolutely has to be a non-safety toe. No experience here with soft toe boots, other than hiking boots. Just my .02

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,282 Posts
I’m willing to drop two weeks pay for a solid pair of water proof, non reinforced toe,
HARD USE boots

Asking for suggestions
Spend some time here.....https://www.rokslide.com/forums/forums/footwear.79/

Not sure what you mean by Hard Use.......??? We use plastic boots for our hardest use.....which is in high elevation rocks Guiding hunters for Dall Sheep and Mountain Goats generally for seven or eight weeks straight. For everything else I wear Danner Boots in the summer and Huffman Boots winter.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,522 Posts
Danner boots and Sno Seal
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

For winter wear I wore Danner Ft. Lewis GO DEVILS with vibram soles for probably 12-15 years. I used mink oil on them and they survived the winter ice and snow and blood and gore and everything else street cop life could throw at them.
3 resoles later...
I finally just plain wore them out, but they owed me NOTHING.
My summer boots were jungles with the green polished black. :D:

·
Censor me not
664 Posts
I have the Red Wing's Super Sole 2.0. Waterproof, composite toe, 100% Made in the U.S.A. They ran about $330 before tax. I have always been satisfied with Red Wing boots, and these definitely exceeded my expectations. Check their site, you should be able to find a waterproof pair without the safety toe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts