Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
This Sunday past, we celebrated the fallen in all wars with the poppy appeal. The queen ,the archbishops and all attended. Its good to share a moment to think of the fallen. But i didn’t get to buy a poppy! I didn’t see anyone selling. There were less people than usual wearing them as well.
It was probably due to the credit crunch. Very sad, that people wouldn’t give to charity because their so greedy. Its this bloody consumer city mentality, their bunch of greedy children! Don't value their freedom because they'll sell it in a heart beat for some shiny new toy.

Have a good Rememberance Sunday.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are a lot of people in our country that take for granted the sacrafices
that many have made and will makes.its so sad that so many so easily forget:cool:neo

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
to those who served ---
and to those who presently do ----
God bless ya my brothers and sisters

thank you for defending our freedom

1 Cav 70-71, 2 Cav 72-74

·
Behind Enemy Lines
3,408 Posts
I wish to take this opportunity to thank all the veterans (on this board and off) for their service to this country. we would not be here without them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My heartiest salute goes out to all who served and still serve in our Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Air National Guard, Civil Air Patrol, Reserves, and, of course, Militia.

:thumb:

May we all keep Freedom and Justice alive in this nation so that our Servicemen and Servicewomen will never have served in vain.

·
Good Bye
1,808 Posts
Thanks for the thanks.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
For those who gave it all.
And for those who still go out in the morning and risk their life
and health for our universal principles of liberty, democracy, justice and freedom, no matter what flag they may wear on their arm. May you all return safe to your loved ones!

I once had a comrade,
you won't find a better one.
The drum was rolling for battle,
he was marching at my side
|: in the same pace and stride. :|

A bullet flew towards us
for him or meant for me?
It did tear him away,
he lies beneath my feet
|: like it was a piece of me. :|

´wants to reach his hand to me,
while I reload my gun.
"Can't give you my hand for now,
you rest in eternal life
|: My good comrade!" :|

Royal Navy 1983-1992

·
Born a REBEL, not a Tory
475 Posts
Yes thank you for defending what freedoms we have left.

Unfortunately the average civilian may have to join our servicemen in that fight to preserve the rest of our freedoms still left, here at home against the tryanny that is raising it's ugly head in our country.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was marching this morning with my Jrotc Battalion and there was a guy who was spewing stuff out loud saying like "9/11 was an inside job" and just things that would be horrible to say at veterans day parade i was in back of my formation near my platoon leader and he got really upset and wished that he wasnt in uniform so he can go **** with this guy, it was hard to resist to let him keep on saying what he was saying but hey if we did something that would make us hypocrites because we would be violating this *******s rights on freedom of speech aww the irony

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Thank you all that are serving and have served.

I personally was not accepted when I tried to enlist back in the 70's, due to health reasons. It was always something that I wanted to do, but was not able to.

My son is presently serving in Iraq with the US Army Cavalry ... it scares me (and moreso my wife) to death, but at the same time, I admire him for being able to do something that I was unable to do.

So, be proud of your accomplishment and never forget that there are some of us that never forget ... ever.

Thank you again.

longman

·
All bark, no bite
975 Posts
I spent last night in the most deserving company I could have imagined. First, my DW who deserves a medal for tolerating me. Second, a Navy medic with two tours in 'Nam. Third, a Army M-60 gunner vet of 'Nam. Fourth, a genuine three tour Marine MACSOGV from the early years of 'Nam.

We sat all evening visiting, drinking expensive liquor and enjoying fellowship. Could not have asked for a better USMC birthday/Veteran's Day. I felt some weight off my shoulders and a lightened heart.

·
250 Posts
Thank You Veterans for your sacrifices. These words here seem so small a contribution for the gratitude I have for our Veterans.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts