Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MARCH 11... 1918

Just before breakfast on the morning of March 11, Private Albert Gitchell of the U.S. Army reports to the hospital at Fort Riley, Kansas, complaining of the cold-like symptoms of sore throat, fever and headache. By noon, over 100 of his fellow soldiers had reported similar symptoms, marking what are believed to be the first cases in the historic influenza pandemic of 1918, later known as Spanish flu. The flu would eventually kill 675,000 Americans and an estimated 20 million to 50 million people around the world, proving to be a far deadlier force than even the First World War.

·
Born 120 years too late.
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I FIGURED with all the crap going on around the present situation and the people running around with their hair on fire...

maybe a little perspective would be in order.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
And happy Spanish Flu Day to you as well! Now allow me to go back to my corner to hide in fear. Please everyone ... stay at least 100 miles from me and if you have to cough ... do so in the opposite direction of Utah. :)

Reactions: Observer and n1d

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The flu would eventually kill 675,000 Americans and an estimated 20 million to 50 million people around the world, proving to be a far deadlier force than even the First World War.
A youtube video on the subject put things in perspective. The Spanish Flu killed more Americans than WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq wars combined.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
9,695 Posts
every time I see the name of this thread I am reminded of the ads in the back of the playboy magazines my friend and I used to steal from his dad back in the 80's. Those ads were trying to sell Spanish Fly. I know it is weird but I have to keep doing a double take to make sure I am not reading it wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts