Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reminded of the old curse which says "May you live in interesting times". Yesterday, I fell in my driveway, spent many hours in the Emergency room at the local hospital, had my hip x-rayed and was told it wasn't broken. (hurray!) This morning I got a call from a doctor who was then working in the emergency room who told me that the radiologist had reviewed the x-ray and there IS a fracture...not my hip (hurray!) but the pelvic bone near the hip; nothing to be done except manage the pain. (hurray!) This afternoon The Man had to take our little doggie to the vet's...and did not return with him. R.I.P. little Doggie. And it is only January, 3rd. Interesting days indeed. :confused:

·
Survivor
3,426 Posts
Never heard of that saying, but I keep reminding my husband "It's an adventure"

We still do not have the gas line we waited 3 months for hooked to the furance, and the giant slow cooker that was our stove [cuz it only got up to 350], now only gets up to 250.
I was going to buy a new [to us] one this W/E but my car over heated [at -3 outside], boiling over at the gas station I get coffee at [good thing] 22 miles away [bad thing] on the way to work, and Hubby had to come get me, and take car to shop. So probably no stove now, although it would have been nice to have the furnace guy hook that up at the same time . . . when he finally gets out here to do it.
Tired of having no power [4 outages in 2 months] for days at a time, I was looking at getting a gas stove.

but by golly we have our health!

So sorry to hear about your adventure, and your doggie. I do hope you heal quickly, and things become boring for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.