Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,314 Posts
Dealing with the EU with regard to aviation based issues was exactly as amazingly and incredibly frustrating as you'd expect from the Euro's. They are exceedingly controlling, down to the point where they demanded personal bank account numbers from jet aircraft operators! They even tried to tax airplanes in US airspace for the emissions emitted over America if that leg involved a trip to or from Europe!

People don't really understand how incredibly frustrating it can be for the crew of a single plane to have to dedicate a separate team to deal with just one regulation such as ETS (emission trading scheme) from the EU.

Those jerks even confiscated one of our planes and held it hostage for $500,000 tax (a 20% use tax, OMG) . I had a good mind to change the tail number (while it was in the hangar) and fly it out of there in the middle of the night. All because we spent too much time in the EU. Screw them!!!!

Imagine what the UK was dealing with!!! A bunch of controlling bureaucrats in some foreign location with the authority to shut you down at every turn. Every possible thing must be in COMPLIANCE with EU regs, inspected regularly, forms filled out and taxes paid.

I wholeheartedly applaud the UK for bailing out of the EU and setting their own direction as they see fit, free from the tyranny of controlling jerks located in fancy offices in some foreign second rate country.

This is the plane the EU "impounded" from us. It cost us a fortune to get it back! We DO NOT do that to them.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Dealing with the EU with regard to aviation based issues was exactly as amazingly and incredibly frustrating as you'd expect from the Euro's. They are exceedingly controlling, down to the point where they demanded personal bank account numbers from jet aircraft operators! They even tried to tax airplanes in US airspace for the emissions emitted over America if that leg involved a trip to or from Europe!

People don't really understand how incredibly frustrating it can be for the crew of a single plane to have to dedicate a separate team to deal with just one regulation such as ETS (emission trading scheme) from the EU.

Those jerks even confiscated one of our planes and held it hostage for $500,000 tax (a 20% use tax, OMG) . I had a good mind to change the tail number (while it was in the hangar) and fly it out of there in the middle of the night. All because we spent too much time in the EU. Screw them!!!!

Imagine what the UK was dealing with!!! A bunch of controlling bureaucrats in some foreign location with the authority to shut you down at every turn. Every possible thing must be in COMPLIANCE with EU regs, inspected regularly, forms filled out and taxes paid.

I wholeheartedly applaud the UK for bailing out of the EU and setting their own direction as they see fit, free from the tyranny of controlling jerks located in fancy offices in some foreign second rate country.

This is the plane the EU "impounded" from us. It cost us a fortune to get it back! We DO NOT do that to them.

Don’t do laps in the pattern or touch and goes. I have a friend who went on a vacation in Europe and at least in France and Belgium they count every time you touch and go a full landing and charge according also they charge for pollution as long as you work the pattern. So a four hour rental flight to see the countryside cost him a arm and leg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts