Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dodging bat clap
766 Posts
Tom Steyer (a CA Dem. billionaire running for President) is still running ads on TV, telling us how he and his wife have organized farmers and food banks to raise food resources for "the children" in school.

Funny, I don't remember big government ever being involved in my food when going to school; we had to go home for lunch at noon, or bring a bag lunch. But get big government into the mix, and all of a sudden it becomes a quagmire requiring more $'s to solve.

Relax, Big Mike, let parents take care of the problem. (Per the article, who the heck even knew it was the moose's birthday?)

·
Banned
10,320 Posts
CAW!

Tom Steyer (a CA Dem. billionaire running for President) is still running ads on TV, telling us how he and his wife have organized farmers and food banks to raise food resources for "the children" in school.

Funny, I don't remember big government ever being involved in my food when going to school; we had to go home for lunch at noon, or bring a bag lunch. But get big government into the mix, and all of a sudden it becomes a quagmire requiring more $'s to solve.

Relax, Big Mike, let parents take care of the problem. (Per the article, who the heck even knew it was the moose's birthday?)
big mike....now that is funny :thumb:

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
I'm not going to get into specifics but I've worked in a school setting and have seen how this government scam works. Schools now serve the children breakfast, lunch and dinner. The state schools feed the kids crap which cost them about $1.25 per meal then they charge the federal government about $3.50 a meal in reimbursement.

Anyone else see what's going on here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,493 Posts
I'm not going to get into specifics but I've worked in a school setting and have seen how this government scam works. Schools now serve the children breakfast, lunch and dinner. The state schools feed the kids crap which cost them about $1.25 per meal then they charge the federal government about $3.50 a meal in reimbursement.

Anyone else see what's going on here?
Let's not forget that a large percentage of the parents are on the SNAP food stamp program, so they get to pocket that money when we feed their kids.

Given what I see with the shape of kids in the inner cities, they hardly look underfed.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
School lunches were great when I was a kid. I still recall my 1st day in a new school. The lunch was a hamburger, pickle chips, potato salad and a container of milk. The meatloaf was one of my favorites. It was good basic food all around. In HS it expanded into more choices, like a salad lunch or just a soup and sandwich. What was the problem with that? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Schools should not feed students. Parents not feeding their kids should be equivalent to using them as a punching bag. Take the kids and charge the parents.

·
Registered
34,705 Posts
Schools should not feed students. Parents not feeding their kids should be equivalent to using them as a punching bag. Take the kids and charge the parents.
You gonna take them in?

I 'm currently buying 1 week a months formula and baby food for a fat cow who is starving her kids.

I found out about it after several women I know intervened. (I've seen the kids once, they are now rotating through seeing or keeping the kids most days of the week.)

I suggested pretty much the same thing. The eldest of these ladies (takes in stray dogs, cats, humans...) Said that she had been down that road with child protection services and the kids would be better off if we took care of them in rotation.

Apparently there's very few foster families vs the number of kids.

I kinda feel guilty for not doing more, but as a single guy with medical issues who lives offgrid it's not likely I would be approved if I wanted to and applied.

So I make myself feel better by helping ease the burden on those who are more apt to deal with it directly.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kids love greasy fatty food and studies have shown that while its unheas lthy as your totsl diet, as a portion of your diet its essential for some types of development in adolescent bodies.Michelle and Barak are commies, so control is king....pragmatism is not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts