Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
:D Where can I get one or three? and how much?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got this on ebay from a guy who was making his own survival kits and selling them.....but hes gone now and i have no info on him. but i agree if i knew how good they were id have bought more of them at the time.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
There are two manufacturers of those saws, both have disadvantages and advantages. The Sabercut by Ultimate Survival has a floatable case and folds up easily. The one by Surpreme Products, the Pocket Chainsaw is smaller and more compact but takes a little bit of effort to unfold and fold up again.

Sabercut

Pocket Chainsaw

I keep the Pocket Chainsaw in my car's BOB and sometimes take it camping. I always have the saw on my SAK Rucksack as a back up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cutting a standing tree

to cut a tree standing up without getting stuck would you cut a downward angle by pushing instead of pulling?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
to cut a tree standing up without getting stuck would you cut a downward angle by pushing instead of pulling?
I would pull towards me in an upward angle and use something to wedge in the cut so it didnt pinch the pocket saw. Looking up to see what the trees doing too and make the cut starting on the side with the most or heaviest branches cause they may pull the tree in that direction.

I wonder if that thing stays sharp.

Its like $17-$19

1 - 17 of 17 Posts