Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help for a hand crank water pump for inside the house i want to put it inline (or be able to in time of need) I have a shallow well pump that pumps water into a holding tank that fills the house system. Can anyone help??

Attachments

·
Just A Shadow
694 Posts
from the picture it looks as if your electric well pump is in a basement. Is that right? How far is the wellhead from the pump?

My father has a setup at his place for when he loses electricity long term he can hook up a pitcher pump and by pass the electric pump. My grandparents had a pitcher pump in their kitchen for water.

Depending on the depth of your well and the distance to where you want the hand pump it can be done - maybe very easy.

You just need to tap into the water line coming out of the well head and have it go to where you want the water.

A shallow well pitcher pump will pull water up 24 feet depending on altitude. The higher your elevation the less effective it is. It will also easily pump water 200 feet horizontal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The well head is about 20 yards from the house that is why I want to put a hand crank on the line coming in. I have 2 separate hand pump on my property and a creek about 2 yards from the house but I want to be able to pump from my basement so I won't have to expose myself to get water. Looking for something I can just remove the pump and crank or pump away and fill my preasure tank so I can run the house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts